Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bear gryllis in ireland

Options
  • 01-04-2009 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

saw this last night. From being a bitta a bogman myself some of the things he was doing show no understanding of the landscape he was in. He was calling most of the place moorland when by west of ireland standards it was practically lush golden vale.

He camped under a rock cave and it was leaking all night. - doh - its was a limestone region???

It was entertaining and he clearly loves this place which does come through.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

What channel was it in or was it on the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

What channel was it on? if Discovery I'm sure there will be a repeat soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I had to laugh at times at how he exaggerated things....I mean it's just Mayo, not the Amazon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

Clare Bear wrote: »
    I had to laugh at times at how he exaggerated things....I mean it's just Mayo, not the Amazon!

I know alot of people in the amazon are happy about that also - only joking - mayo is real ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Is Bear Gryllis the irish Bear Grylls

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Is this the guy that was staying in hotels at night after his filming was over on some of his exotic locations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

yes he is a sham

Is Bear Gryllis the irish Bear Grylls

he lived in ireland when he was a child

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Ah sure some of his rantings and actions are a bit OTT and it's admitted that some of the scenes are staged just to illustrated survival techniques. But it is good entertainment and in all fairness we all rant and rave about his credibility but I very well imagine that not many of us could pull off even a fraction of the skills he demonstrates.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

• Advertisement

Asmodean wrote: »
    Ah sure some of his rantings and actions are a bit OTT and it's admitted that some of the scenes are staged just to illustrated survival techniques. But it is good entertainment and in all fairness we all rant and rave about his credibility but I very well imagine that not many of us could pull off even a fraction of the skills he demonstrates.

Yes the usual - you couldnt do it post????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

yes he is a sham

I wouldn't say he's a sham. He clearly knows his stuff even though they do set-up things for effect and for entertainment purposes. I think the programme is just meant to show you what to do if you were ever unlucky enough to be dropped in the middle of a desert or jungle, etc. I mean did anyone really believe he's out there surviving without any back-up? He's got a camera crew with him the whole time for a start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

Which hotel is he staying in?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

My dad loves his show must tell him about this!

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

yes he is a sham

Totally agree....he is no Ray Mear.....Good old Ray is the real deal.

Sure Bear stays in hotels at night on his excursions (see below)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-470155/How-Bear-Grylls-Born-Survivor-roughed--hotels.html

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

yes he is a sham
    dodgyme wrote: »
    he lived in ireland when he was a child
    Oh so he's a tuam sham so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Yes the usual - you couldnt do it post????????????
    yes. A fairly logical post i'd imagine :P whats your problem with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

Bear Grylls is an awful eejit.

He never catches anything in his traps. Stuff he builds like ladders and rafts always fall apart. And ya won't find Ray Mears drinking his own piss, he does the sensible thing and hydrates himself using his own feeling of self satisfaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

this isn't reality tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Sure Bear Grylls talking about stuff on tv could be just a good talent for learning a script off by heart. Doesn't mean he actually knows what he's talking about.

Ray Mears ftw, any guy that can eat a berry on tv then calmly spit out the seed, telling people to make sure they avoid this part because it's deathly poisonous gets my vote.

• Advertisement
Advertisement