Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bargain Alerts Re-launch [Feedback Required!]

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

I thought it was funny...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

All credits and complaints to bas for this one ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Ah good to see the buck passing start! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It's funny that there was actually people unsure this was an April Fool's when the name of the server contained 'Apryl F00L5' (as someone already mentioned).

Thought MunsterCycling would be pleased given he got a mention in the mock-up! :D

Like Blade said, I just thought it was daft that was actually a lot of people who posted in "April Fool's" - it was a joke.. and an obvious April Fool's but let it run it's course!

Anyways, that's the end of it now!

But we are in fact considering making the "freebie list" subscriber-only! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Curse these April Fool jokes that I only come across for the first time 2 days later when I've forgotten all about it :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

@MunsterCycling - When I read it I knew it was a joke (there was a few give aways in there) but still found it quite funny. Fair play lads.

Oh and that quote of mine is only a half truth. There are no lion bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭istabrac77

Any chance of setting up a forum page for remarks, opinions, ramblings and chats on General Bargain Alerts ...
    .... Maybe even call it "Forum for Bargain Rambles".

Shouldn't bargain alerts be for cold hard facts on ....Bargain alerts. No more. Sort of tired reading through endless ramblings to find a bargain.

Think it is missing the purpose for which it was set up.

My two cents anyway.

istabrac77 wrote: »
    Any chance of setting up a forum page for remarks, opinions, ramblings and chats on General Bargain Alerts ...
    .... Maybe even call it "Forum for Bargain Rambles".

Shouldn't bargain alerts be for cold hard facts on ....Bargain alerts. No more. Sort of tired reading through endless ramblings to find a bargain.

Think it is missing the purpose for which it was set up.

My two cents anyway.
    Pfft.. April Fool's was 2 days ago! ;)

Is that a serious request istabrac77? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭istabrac77

basquille wrote: »
    Pfft.. April Fool's was 2 days ago! ;)

Is that a serious request istabrac77? :eek:

:rolleyes:

Have noticed the drop in actual bargains being posted, maybe people are not logging on to bargain alerts to post bargains but for a rant.

Is there any website that just post Bargains?

• Advertisement

Probably best to start a thread in Feedback but I really don't understand where you're coming from! :confused:

Just looking at the front page of BA now.. and I see no "rants".

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

I saw a rant once in BA about the Freebie List but that was the only one. I think BA is a great service (and doesn't need to be changed;)).

I 've only just seen this (not the jpg) but can't believe so many fell for it. Could those people please visit my ebay page for a list of suppliers of a really cheap SONY LCD Television for €4.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

When bargins expire delete the thread it would make it easier to find bargains this one change would be one of the best things you could do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

When bargins expire delete the thread it would make it easier to find bargains this one change would be one of the best things you could do!

I not disagree more! The search function is invaluable if it is used properly and gives great feedback and can see prices of similar items before. The EXPIRED label in red is good enough for me

Davy wrote: »
    I not disagree more! The search function is invaluable if it is used properly and gives great feedback and can see prices of similar items before. The EXPIRED label in red is good enough for me
    Agreed Davy...

Plus feedback on a product or retailer is always welcome... deleting the thread would give no feedback on the product / retailer or the buyer's experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I don't like this new idea at all. I like how it works. I think Adverts.ie has suffered as a result of being separate from the collective and fear Bargain Alerts (as a much smaller "market") would really not be the same.

Slowly but surely bits of Boards are being taken away and divided into separate sub-sites and I really don't like it.

• Advertisement

p.s. I'm an idiot having actually read this thread beyond the first page now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Random wrote: »
    p.s. I'm an idiot having actually read this thread beyond the first page now :D

Its a thread that just keeps giving :D
    Really worked well,,,pat on the back for Bas

I hate getting done by an April Fools joke 3 days later ... FFS .. somebody ban me for my own bloody good :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I fell for it. :o

Maybe what's more worrying is that I and others actually thought an idea like this was something that the Mods could come up with! :D

I fell for it. :o

Maybe what's more worrying is that I and others actually thought an idea like this was something that the Mods could come up with! :D
    I was expecting something like this any day too ... didn't really think to look at the date when I only noticed the thread today.

No excuse for being an idiot though. Always read the whole thread before you jump in. Then stay out of it because you'll probably get burnt anyway. :(

• Advertisement

It's true... I am an utter dastard!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 WhiskeyTangoFox

I don't think I like the proposed new look of bargains. I used to pop in a bit when the NI thread popped up on google but the new look seems a bit off :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I don't think I like the proposed new look of bargains. I used to pop in a bit when the NI thread popped up on google but the new look seems a bit off :(
    It was an april fools day joke.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

It was an april fools day joke.

Looks like I didn't even need to waste my time deleting any of those posts after all! hehe

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Jaysus, I never even saw this one :)

PS: follow @bargainalerts on twitter if you use it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Its Prob to much hard work but anyway would like to make the Suggestion with regards Bargain ALERTS, Would it be possible to set up a SMS Setup where the Boards user puts in say a Phrase " Blu-Ray" and when a Thread is Started containing the Words the User thats Signed up for the Alert for Blu-rays get a Sms Saying "PowerHouseDan has posted a Bargain Alert containing the Words Blu-Ray " Insert Title". This Obviously would involve the Boards member buying Credits to receive Sms. Would put a whole new perspective on Bargain ALERTS. I know its prob April Fools joke setting up Bargain alerts like Boffer but Said i would put forward the Suggestion.

No one commented on my fantastic,awesome great idea :(

CuLT wrote: »
    Jaysus, I never even saw this one :)

PS: follow @bargainalerts on twitter if you use it ;)
    Never even realised we had a Twitter page..! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭JAMM222

No one commented on my fantastic,awesome great idea :(

Great Idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

If it's not broken........................

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Feck it, I must stop buying tabloids. Start at the sports pages and work back!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭dave_29

K-9 wrote: »
    Feck it, I must stop buying tabloids. Start at the sports pages and work back!

Same here, when you start at the back the rest seems worthless to read as theyre full of ads anyway:)
    Blade wrote: »
    Looks like I didn't even need to waste my time deleting any of those posts after all! hehe

6 pages in & still goin! & i had a nice April Fools pic as well b4 the edit.
    basquille wrote: »
    Never even realised we had a Twitter page..! :eek:
    Thank god there's no Bebo page or is there :eek:

Advertisement