Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Karl Pilkington is my hero....

• 01-04-2009 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

the man is a legend .....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

"Legend" doesn't even do him justice tbh

"Legend with a head like a f*cking orange" does....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

jackdaw wrote: »
    the man is a legend .....

with a head like a fuc@ing orange!!!:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

I could eat a knob at night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Talking about dopplegangers - "How would I know which one I was?"

"They say it all started out with a big bang. But, what I wonder is, was it a big bang or did it just seem big because there wasn't anything else drown it out at the time?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Wow, look at all the cool vids & pics & links in this thread. That's some top-notch moderating right there :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

A guy in college works in a bookshop, and when 'Karlology' was first published, he insisted that it was placed in the philosophy section. What a hero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I got a organ donor card. When i die most of my body parts can go, but i don't want 'em to take me eyes out, 'cos i don't want to be a blind ghost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

I have to say I love this guy, I'd listen to him all day long... I'm a big fan of Ricky Gervais & Stephen Merchant and when put Karl into the mix, you get IMO the best comedy trio ever. I love the way that he thinks.

I love this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blVk-Bfm-7c

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭TheManWho

I hate all of the people who say that Karl is an actor, but how can one man have so many great lines, it's just unfair that he's so funny.

Has anybody else listened to his very early xfm shows, I love the transition from backround guy to when Ricky and Steve slowly realise that they have discovered something incredible.

Might as well throw in a couple of these
    “Why didn't evolution make a giraffe good at carpentry so it could build a ladder?”
    "Does the brain control you or are you controlling the brain? I don't know if I'm in charge of mine."

TheManWho wrote: »
    Has anybody else listened to his very early xfm shows.
    This guy on youtube must have ever piece of the shows, http://www.youtube.com/user/andyns, great to listen too and very hard not to keep listening to all the shows.

I bought his book "The World of Karl Pilkington" last week and it has arrived this morning. I've started reading it and just wanted to quote this part of the book, it's about a dog he had while growing up;
    Fluffy was a dog we got handed down to us when me mams mam died. It was a kind of poodle. It never really settled being with us. Me mams mam us to spoil it and treat it like a human. We think she use to watch Cononation Street with it cos everytime it heard the theme tune it started crying. This got depressing cos Cononation Street was on 4 times a week. It got hit by a car when we let it out, me mam said it tried to kill itself cos it was missing me mams mam. After the accident it used to run sideways like a crab.

:D lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Listening to all of them will be the best 40 minutes you will spend all day!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Who?

He's on Ricky Gervais & Steve Merchants Radio X FM (ir whatever it's called) Radio show in London.

He was introduced to the show after (and open to correction on this) Gervais and Merchant befriended him from the offices where they have their show.

He is either, the biggest idiot of all time, or a comedic genius who wont be appreciated in his own genertain. Philosophers and Intilectuals will study his works in generations to come, setting the standard for Human perception and paving the way for evelution in a new light.

I'd like to think he's not the biggest fool on the planet and that he knows exactly what he's doing............................but listen to the above samples and decide for yourself.

One of my favourite thinkers of his, not from the above best bits, but: "If we're going around eating octopusses and that, then why are dogs getting away with it?"

It's just simple logic. And true!!

"Worthers origionals were invented, because you NEVER see an old person eating a twix."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,150 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I do have to correct you I'm afraid, Karl was their producer on their radio show. He wasn't supposed to talk but gradually Ricky and Steve started talking to him on the show and he became a bigger part of the show.

Mans an absolute legend. Love his diary.

"When I woke up, I looked at Suzanne, she looked at me. I said 'Did I tell you about the immune system?'"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

Stay green, stay in the woods, and stay safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Never heard of him till this thread so listened some to the clips linked to. All I can say is.....meh! Found them quite boring actually and not very funny.:o

What did I miss?

Was reading through his book (The World of Karl Pilkington) again last night about the story he was telling Gervais & Merchant. The story was the one were a zookeeper was felling sorry for a monkey because he was the only monkey in the zoo, well here's the full story here.

I nearly pissed myself when I read this bit :D
    Karl: Anyway the zookeeper is like, 'Get your coat …'
    Ricky: Coat? What do you mean, 'Get your coat?'
    Karl: Whatever the equivalent is, whatever you say to a monkey. It was kind of like, 'You're coming with me.' So Ollie's going 'Oh brilliant.'
    Ricky: No he's not.
    Steve: So Ollie gets his hat and coat …

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Never heard of him till this thread so listened some to the clips linked to. All I can say is.....meh! Found them quite boring actually and not very funny.:o

What did I miss?
    Get out. Get out now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

For all you Karl lovers...

the only place to go - www.pilkipedia.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

I love his stories about his time growing up. The kids with the giant heads and webbed feet, the horse in the house, the day he broke a car window and pretended to be asleep. His mother painted a stone and stuck a feather on it to keep the budgie company. His mother also had a pet spider with tip ex on it. The list is endless.

But i love his thinking on things. Whether he knows it or not he is close to genius. I have all the shows and podcasts and i've listen to everything over and over again.

For all you Karl lovers...

the only place to go - www.pilkipedia.co.uk

Awwwww :(

I was really let down by that link!! I thought it would be a random collection of Karl's thought and beliefs on every topic known to man......endless hours of fun.......

Instead, it's just an Extra's and Ricky Gervais marketing website :(

togster wrote: »
    I love his stories about his time growing up. The kids with the giant heads and webbed feet, the horse in the house, the day he broke a car window and pretended to be asleep. His mother painted a stone and stuck a feather on it to keep the budgie company. His mother also had a pet spider with tip ex on it. The list is endless.

But i love his thinking on things. Whether he knows it or not he is close to genius. I have all the shows and podcasts and i've listen to everything over and over again.
    +1

His heart is in the right place :)

I've two of the Ricky Gervais Guides, "Ricky_Gervais_Guide_To_Philosophy" & "Ricky_Gervais_Guide_To_The_Arts" there both each nearly 60 minutes long. I'd be happy to share them if anyone wants to have a listen to them, just drop me a PM.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

His movie idea is possibly the pinacle of hilarity. No matter how often I listen to it, im in tears of laughter. Another particular favourite is his summary of the bible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

lol "you dont see an old man with a twix"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Awwwww :(

I was really let down by that link!! I thought it would be a random collection of Karl's thought and beliefs on every topic known to man......endless hours of fun.......

Instead, it's just an Extra's and Ricky Gervais marketing website :(

Let down by a site that has practically everything Karl has ever done on radio, with and without Ricky, to download for free???! :confused:

Wow, what where you expecting? Karl to come out to your house and give you some monkey news?

It has Pilki FM radio station AND a platform game 'Life Of Karl' on there too! Are you sure you actually looked? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

The story he told about "kicking his height" was priceless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭spyro_2001ie

I know this a thread about the love for the man but come on this guy is not funny, he talks as if he's a child full of wonder, figuring out the world. Please don't confuse this with 'the man is a great thinker'. He's just pretending to have a confused thought process, which is neither funny or clever.

Karl Pilock-ington

Advertisement