Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITunes at work and home, how to?

Options
  • 01-04-2009 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Basically I use iTunes at work and at home, but syncing my iPhone with work iTunes will clear my iPhone of everything, and visa versa with syncing at home too.

Is there a way that I can copy and add stuff to my iPhone in work and at home and not lose any songs, pics, videos, playlists and applications?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I think you have to disable automatic syncing in iTunes.

On a Mac version of iTunes, it's Preferences -> Devices -> Disable automatic syncing for iPhones and iPods.

With syncing turned off, just add songs to the iPhone manually - drag and drop via iTunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Can this be done with apps and photos and stuff too?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Can this be done with apps and photos and stuff too?

Do you mean adding them manually? I should think so, though I don't have an iPhone so can't be 100% definite, but I would be 98% confident, as it just would not make sense if it were not possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭mrpants

alright man, i had a issue when my pc crashed and i lost my itunes songs but still had my ipod with the songs on it, i found turn off auto sync on itunes and if you go into the ipod as a folder in mycomputer, you cant see your songs but heres the trick, go so show hiden folders and it will show the folder with your songs on it, you can copy this out and add it to your itunes. now songs wont have their names on them but itunes will update the track names.

Advertisement