Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unemployment Olympics - Galway!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

That would be really helpful :) I'll get that information off you when we are at that stage for certain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Any news on socail space?

Not yet but Bar number 8 would also be suitable (although sometimes it's a bit noisy)

If I don't hear from the social space by tomorrow at 2pm, we'll set it for the pub :)

Xiney wrote: »
    Not yet but Bar number 8 would also be suitable (although sometimes it's a bit noisy)

If I don't hear from the social space by tomorrow at 2pm, we'll set it for the pub :)

Great! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Xiney wrote: »

Excellent!!! :pac:

• Advertisement

I didn't get a reply via email from GSS so I rang the number on the website and there "should be" a room free tomorrow at 7pm. If not we would be welcome to use the front room.

So tomorrow in the Galway Social Space (Middle Street) @ 7pm it is!

galwaysocialspace.jpg

I have a major cold actually, but I'm already feeling better today and I should be 90% tomorrow... I'll bring some earl grey in a flask and I'll be fine. However, if you have a suppressed immune system I wouldn't advise getting near me.

Hope your feeling better - we can reschadule if you want!

Nah I really ought to be grand by tomorrow. (And if not I'll show up just to beg you all to be my Dr. Kevorkian, since Mr. Xiney refuses to)

yay! tomorrow at 7 so! is there just the one room there so i can fine ye?! or will there be a sign up on the door or what!? i still have my head cold but hopefully il be right by tomorrow night too! Hopefully weather wont be like this either?!

yay! tomorrow at 7 so! is there just the one room there so i can fine ye?! or will there be a sign up on the door or what!? i still have my head cold but hopefully il be right by tomorrow night too! Hopefully weather wont be like this either?!

hmm.

that's a pretty good point - she didn't tell us what room we'd be having.

I'll put up a small sign in the entranceway to say which room we're in if it won't be obvious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

FFS I wish I had the spare time for things like this, sounds like good craic :D Best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

JohnCleary wrote: »
    FFS I wish I had the spare time for things like this, sounds like good craic :D Best of luck with it

Ditto - Mad busy myself, but if I can help in any way, would be glad to.
    Best of Luck also

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

See you at 7

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

So just that I have this clear...

Ye're all meeting up and gonna pass some time by playing games, with an un-employed/recession theme, yeah?

That has serious potential! You might not make much money, you're kinda targeting the wrong audience for that (:D) but savage idea. Make sure to take pics!

(This is just an excuse for a boards meet, innit?) :pac:

JohnCleary wrote: »
    So just that I have this clear...

Ye're all meeting up and gonna pass some time by playing games, with an un-employed/recession theme, yeah?

That has serious potential! You might not make much money, you're kinda targeting the wrong audience for that (:D) but savage idea. Make sure to take pics!

(This is just an excuse for a boards meet, innit?) :pac:

Thanks John! we think it has serious potential aswell! its not about making money but if we do happen to make any it will be for a worthy charity!

and of course if a boards beers should happen to take place afterwards that would be a great bonus!

so on the playing games.... suggestions welcome people! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

Ah Shoot! sorry Xiney I totally ment to go along to this and I was in town thinking...*is there somewhere i need to go*

Let us know how you got on and hpefully I can make it along to the next meet assuming you made some progress tonight.

It's ok! Hope to see you at the next meeting, although we haven't yet decided when that will be :)

We got the next step figured out, going to have a bit of a sleep on it though, hope to have a coherent plan to present by next week!

I'd write more but my head is absolutely wrecked with this cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Fiona500

How about a "**** Hits The Fan" competition? Draw a bullseye on the fans and people try and hit it with fake poo (could use mud).

Sorry best I could think of...I will ask around for ideas.

Advertisement