Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposed congestion charge for Gorey

Options
  • 01-04-2009 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

Read this in the Guardian newspaper today, its is to be proposed today that a congestion charge is to be looked at for Gorey? :eek:

council looking to raise money any way possible in gorey to pay for thre new civic offices and library

so , answer: tax the drivers? will post full story to this asap from the website

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Did you check the date of today's paper? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

wreckless wrote: »
    so , answer: tax the drivers? will post full story to this asap from the website

I cant wait to see it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Read this in the Guardian newspaper today, its is to be proposed today that a congestion charge is to be looked at for Gorey? :eek:

council looking to raise money any way possible in gorey to pay for thre new civic offices and library

It's all those fcukin' skateboards that are blocking up the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭thedarkroom

I reckon any shop that has frontage on to the Main Street should pay double the council rates of other Gorey shops and then any one who has a premises trading from the first floor of any building should be charged and extra 50% for the privilege of an elevated view of the town's main thoroughfare.
    Also, if they do get around to pedestrianising the Main Street they should make extensive use of cobblestones and gravel and then add a tax on all skateboards with Garda speed traps at every street corner to ensure compliance.
    How about people could insist that all zimmer frames be fitted with caster wheels to speed up the geriatrics and stop them clogging up the footpaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Did you check the date of today's paper? :rolleyes:

This is their story for april fools day alright !!! got abit of reaction though

handbags Bmaxi. ;)

darkroom, the view is lovely :D, yez are all just jealous of our youthful ways. come and see me and ill do you both a good deal :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭thedarkroom

darkroom, the view is lovely :D, yez are all just jealous of our youthful ways. come and see me and ill do you both a good deal :cool:

I don't think 18 stone on a skateboard is wise!

Advertisement