Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice please?!

Options
  • 01-04-2009 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

not too sure if this is in the right place, but since its equestrian related i thought i'd try...im going to explain the whole situation, just so its clear.

ok so ive been riding nearly my whole life, and needless to say iv had a few falls..but i recently started back lessons after taking a 2 year break to study.

the horse i usually ride tends to start limping when its cold in the arena, but usually stops when shes warmed up. in this particular lesson she kept limping and i had to change horse. the instructor gave me a horse thats not really used in lessons (he tends to be really fresh and likes a good buck). i had never ridden him before but he had been used in a lesson the week before by some one else and hadnt stopped trying to take off and buck his way around the arena. he was really good the first half, but as soon as he saw the jumps we were supposed to do, he tried to take off, but as there was a girl in front of me just starting the combination, i obviously couldnt let him go. I tried to circle him, and as I turned he dropped his shoulder and let out an almighty buck. I fell off and landed really badly and ended up breaking my knee, spending 5 days in hospital and had to have an operation and physio after that.

Now, even though it was probably my fault i fell (although i didnt know he didnt like to be circled, no one told me :().

But would i have any chance of getting the riding school to pay my medical expenses (im not looking to claim personal expenses off them or anything). Theres no way I could afford the bills, as ive been out of work since then and ive been told by Social welfare that it could be ages before i get any money from them,as they are completely backlogged.

any advice would be great, or advice on how to go about saying this to the riding school, as i want to return there in 6 months time when i can ride again, so dont want any bad feelings between us.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Please talk to a solicitor for advice on this. The equestrian forum is not the place to ask for legal advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement