Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large animal/Mixed practices...

Options
  • 01-04-2009 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any Large Animal or mixed practices around Laois, Offaly, Kildare or Carlow?? I'm looking for somewhere to do a large animal work placement. I'm in Year 2 Vet Nursing in Athlone IT. I'm supposed to start Monday or as soon as possible after that day. It's very short notice but I had somewhere and it fell through at the last minute...

Thanks in advance.

- J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any Large Animal or mixed practices around Laois, Offaly, Kildare or Carlow?? I'm looking for somewhere to do a large animal work placement. I'm in Year 2 Vet Nursing in Athlone IT. I'm supposed to start Monday or as soon as possible after that day. It's very short notice but I had somewhere and it fell through at the last minute...

Thanks in advance.

- J

I did my Veterinary Nurse placement at Maynooth. They're a mixed practice and also have a practice in Edenderry and cover a huge area, a big part of their practice is large animals. At the time I was the first Vet Nurse they took on for placement though, that was a couple of years ago so not sure if they would take you on but worth a shot.

If not look up all the Vets in those areas and ring around I guess. Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Give Erkina Vets in Rathdowney a call. 0505 46449

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby Soho

OP, Finbarr Heslin's practice is small animal only.

Advertisement