Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

miscarriage -anyone else similar situation

Options
  • 01-04-2009 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi I am currently having third miscarriage and would like to know if there is anyone else in a similar situation - I had a boy in my late teens, was a single parent and am now in a long term relationship and trying to add to our family. No problems getting pregnant but just not staying - first mc was a missed mc, baby stopped growing at 7 weeks, and the last two have been exactly five weeks to the day when I started bleeding. I'm just so confused - I know i can get pregnant and know I can carry a perfectly healthy child - I read on a previous post that referred to a study where if your first child was a boy you are more likely to suffer reoccuring miscarriages - I just feel so confused and hopeless. Is there anyone in a similar position to me?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Sorry to hear about your situation. My wife and I suffered 3 misscarraiges while trying to have a baby. 7 weeks and 10 weeks twice. We are currently at 14 and a half weeks with our 4th pregnancy. The longest we have got to. We were told that once you get passed the 14th week mark - the chances for a full term are greatly increased.
    Concieving was never an issue for us but holding on to a pregnancy was. After some consultations, genetic tests (done in England) and some great work from Hollis street we hoping to have a little one in September. My wife was on cylogest (progesterone) (sp?) and Asprin for the first 14 weeks. We feel that this may have helped this time. Although the progesterone made her feel quite ill.
    I do hope that things will work out for you. Our experience is that it does work out in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 broken123

ah newbie2 I hope things go ok for you. Fingers crossed for you both. Could you pm me and give me some idea of the expense you incured for the testing - is there a reason you had to go to the uk?

I would love to hear who has had a child before and now is finding things difficult.

Advertisement