Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Syndicate III

Options
  • 01-04-2009 1:58pm
    Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I read on Shacknews that EA are planning on ressurecting the series. The guys behind Riddick are apparently doing it.

I have a bad feeling about this. What are the chances you will be able to gun down a hundred pedestrians from your car? Probably small no? I predict a disappointment. I can smell it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Starbreeze are very talented, so I have faith they can do the property justice. Let's wait for some actual content though eh? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

oh my ****ing god. :eek::eek:

Whenever anyone asks me what game from years ago would I like to see now, this is what I always say.

I ****ing LOVED the old games. Please please PLEASE let this be good!!!!

(I actually got goose bumps when I saw the thread title)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

So long as it still says "minigun" in that cool voice when selected I'll be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

Savage game,great idea for a remake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

April fools joke?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Wasn't Riddick supposed to be a good game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Fnz wrote: »
    April fools joke?

Thats what I was thinking, but -

Article: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/57961
    Mod wrote:
    Why would we deceive our audience with an Aprils Fools joke like this? There's absolutely no incentive. You get pissed, we lose readers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Its going to end in dissapointment i fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Bring it on & hopefully a dungeon keeper 3 title would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Riddick was an awesome game, such a shame it went unnoticed by the masses.

As for the minigun, pfft what you want is Satellite Rain. Nothing says hello better than tungsten-uranium alloy rods fired from an orbiting satellite, melting in the atmosphere and raining down on the enemy from above. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Quote from a Peter Molly-hue interview in 2006:

"Aside from the licensing complications, some sort of next-gen online version of Syndicate would certainly be popular with gamers...I 'd love to reprise games like Syndicate, Populous, and Dungeon Keeper, but as you point out, we'd need some business development people to sort this out."

That said, we all know how full of waffle he was back then.

Advertisement