Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weres good to go out in Dblin

Options
  • 01-04-2009 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

Ive been to Dublin before and went to tripod and copperfacejacks and also went to dice. But there must be better places any suggestions????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Moved from After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Mr Tombstone

Ive been to Dublin before and went to tripod and copperfacejacks and also went to dice. But there must be better places any suggestions????

Any chance guys of some help here! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

well what exactly are you looking for in a pub? you're not giving any specifics.

Personally i like the woolshed on Parnell street. I also like Karma and the Bull and Castle. But thats no good to me if i don't know what YOU want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Any chance guys of some help here! :rolleyes:

A bit of help from yourself might be good too.

We aren't mind readers and don't know what you like.

Personally, I like to go to Tolka Park on a Friday night is Shelbourne are playing.

Try that.

Des wrote: »
    A bit of help from yourself might be good too.

We aren't mind readers and don't know what you like.

Personally, I like to go to Tolka Park on a Friday night is Shelbourne are playing.

Try that.

Sorry guys,

Im coming down from Belfast with my two mates over the summer. We are all single and want to go to a good not to expesive night club. As I said before I tried the above coppers wasnt bad but the nightclub beside it was way to overprotective on the door staff it was crazy!!! So any ideas???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Sorry guys,

Im coming down from Belfast with my two mates over the summer. We are all single and want to go to a good not to expesive night club. As I said before I tried the above coppers wasnt bad but the nightclub beside it was way to overprotective on the door staff it was crazy!!! So any ideas???

OK, so you'd like a night out where single guys have a chance of scoring some good looking girls, where the music played is kind of "pop/"r n b"-ish" in style.

Across from Coppers or Harcourt Street is a nightclub called D2, in the summer it has an outside area which is nicely equipped with a BBQ, downstairs is the nightclub.

It can get a bit full at times though, as for prices, they would be high-mid to expensive in my experience.

Also on Harcourt Street is Dicey Riley's, which also has a nice outdoor garden. I think this might be the place beside Coppers to which you are referring though :confused:

Closer to the river, for a different kind of night you's have Doyles, near Trinity College. It's more of a "Rock/Indie" style of music, and is a bit dingy in it's decor, not bland and clinical like the other places.

Des wrote: »
    OK, so you'd like a night out where single guys have a chance of scoring some good looking girls, where the music played is kind of "pop/"r n b"-ish" in style.

Across from Coppers or Harcourt Street is a nightclub called D2, in the summer it has an outside area which is nicely equipped with a BBQ, downstairs is the nightclub.

It can get a bit full at times though, as for prices, they would be high-mid to expensive in my experience.

Also on Harcourt Street is Dicey Riley's, which also has a nice outdoor garden. I think this might be the place beside Coppers to which you are referring though :confused:

Closer to the river, for a different kind of night you's have Doyles, near Trinity College. It's more of a "Rock/Indie" style of music, and is a bit dingy in it's decor, not bland and clinical like the other places.

Cheers Des
    Tried that place facing coppers thought it was a bit of a dump. Diceys is the place im refering to and I found way to man security staff for the place. Yeah its good to have bouncers but its way over the top in that place. We were told to move to another area because we were standing to close to a wall...then some other fella dropped a pint glass by accident and there five door staff around him.

I also think when the staff hear are accent they think we are trouble which we arent!

I tried Tripod it wasnt bad but a bit student like and expesive for drink I found.

RedXIV wrote: »
    well what exactly are you looking for in a pub? you're not giving any specifics.

Personally i like the woolshed on Parnell street. I also like Karma and the Bull and Castle. But thats no good to me if i don't know what YOU want?

Parnell street? we stayed in a hotel on there called the gate it was a real dump. Is the woolshed near it??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Couldn't tell you, it's right beside the UCI cinema if thats any good?

If you still can't find a night club you like, Fibbers just off O Connell street is ok but kinda rocker-ish. cheap though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭PonyP

Mr Tombstone,
    There are a few good pubs around the Dame Street area. The Mercantile is a good pub and Citi Bar across the road from it is pretty good too. Close to Copper Face Jacks is a place called The Odeon, it's opposite the Harcourt Luas Stop, another good spot with a dance floor, admission is charged after 10pm. Flannerys is another good spot not far from Copper Face Jacks and it is normally good craic seven nights a week!
    Hope you have a good weekend!

• Advertisement

PonyP wrote: »
    Mr Tombstone,
    There are a few good pubs around the Dame Street area. The Mercantile is a good pub and Citi Bar across the road from it is pretty good too. Close to Copper Face Jacks is a place called The Odeon, it's opposite the Harcourt Luas Stop, another good spot with a dance floor, admission is charged after 10pm. Flannerys is another good spot not far from Copper Face Jacks and it is normally good craic seven nights a week!
    Hope you have a good weekend!

Thanks Ponyp :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Parnell street? we stayed in a hotel on there called the gate it was a real dump. Is the woolshed near it??
    RedXIV wrote: »
    Couldn't tell you, it's right beside the UCI cinema if thats any good?

If you still can't find a night club you like, Fibbers just off O Connell street is ok but kinda rocker-ish. cheap though :P

Fibbers is under the Gate Hotel. Its the opposite side of Parnell St. to the Woolshed which is beside Cineworld cinema.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Jevrdublin

Have you tried Dandelions beside Stephen's green its a good spot. ratio of girls to lads 60 to 40..

Trick to free admission (€10) if you get in before 10pm go to the dandelion cafe beside it and and once the club opens all you have to do is go down stairs.. age group is early to mid 20's. Best night is Fridays..

I have tried Coopers and was too mental for me.. Last time I was in D2 it was full of blokes not the best place if your looking to pull!!

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

I'm spendin next Wed night in Dublin with the girlfriend. Can anyone recommend a nice pub or restaraunt to eat/drink in for the same night.

We are staying on Parnell St.

Advertisement