Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media Censorship and Free Speech

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

nesf wrote: »
    They asked very nicely and in fairness to DeV and the rest they were courteous enough to comply and instruct the moderation team to crack down on it.

Yes but did they give a reason?

Also I believe the sticky said anyone that mentions his name will be banned from the forum..... yet there are plenty of people posting after mentioning his name etc.

So this really has to be an April Fools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

I think you will find that the voters of Laois-Offaly elected BC as their TD.

Nobody is elected Taoiseach "by the people". The constitution provides that the Taoiseach be elected by the Dail.

The same folk also gave Ger Killaly 5000 first preference votes and he sits as a councillor, so, what exactly is your point?

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0221/1224241586590.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Yes but did they give a reason?

Also I believe the sticky said anyone that mentions his name will be banned from the forum..... yet there are plenty of people posting after mentioning his name etc.

So this really has to be an April Fools.

Bravo!

The point of april fools is to actully let the fools fool themselves. If the prank is too good, it's just lying.

Which isn't fun! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I got away with saying M.C.D. =D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Barname wrote: »
    The same folk also gave Ger Killaly 5000 first preference votes and he sits as a councillor, so, what exactly is your point.

To refute what you said about BC's mandate. His mandate is as good as that of any Taoiseach: elected as a constituency TD; chosen by Dail vote to be Taoiseach. That's the only way to get the job.

• Advertisement

To refute what you said about BC's mandate. His mandate is as good as that of any Taoiseach: elected as a constituency TD; chosen by Dail vote to be Taoiseach. That's the only way to get the job.

how are things in Offaly?

dont complain, your man was previously the min for finance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Barname wrote: »
    how are things in Offaly?

dont complain, your man was previously the min for finance.

Don't try to get personal, especially when you know nothing about me.

Don't try to get personal, especially when you know nothing about me.

public service employee.....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

And that's quite enough of that, I think.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement