Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groody roundabout exit to UL blocked

Options
  • 01-04-2009 2:08pm
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know why the exit towards UL is blocked off by the gardai? Is it over militant students? Gangland criminals? A spill of baked goods?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

ya passed that also,,causin havoc at the roundabout and the guards are just watchin and doin nothin about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

ah crap ive to go to ul this evening too...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

tantipie wrote: »
    ya passed that also,,causin havoc at the roundabout and the guards are just watchin and doin nothin about it

If the road is blocked off by Gardai then it's probably a crime scene of some sort, an if there are Gardai standing there then they are there to prevent people from crossing the tape and going into said scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

i just came home from UL, took about half an hour to get past the roundabout the biggest joke ever.. nothing happened out there the guards seemed to close the road because of a bike race that was only going out the main gate and in the east gate and just circling pretty sure it was just for rag week.. there were two guards at the main gate and two guards at the east gate, a guard at milford hospice, and a guard whereyou turn for milford grange along with the two other guards at the groody round about oh along with another guard in ul just standing there...

i was in ul and there was no crime scene, it was for a bicycle race as far as i could see, it was pointless them being there, they were just directing traffic but they were causing a more of a hindrance.. the traffic went all the way back to the parkway because they closed the road for no apparent reason.
    it seemed utterly pointless having 8 gardai out there standing around or 'directing traffic'.. i know they were probably worried about someone getting knocked off the bikes but seriously 8 gardai and closing the road is a bit of a joke..

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Harpy wrote: »
    i just came home from UL, took about half an hour to get past the roundabout the biggest joke ever.. nothing happened out there the guards seemed to close the road because of a bike race that was only going out the main gate and in the east gate and just circling pretty sure it was just for rag week.. there were two guards at the main gate and two guards at the east gate, a guard at milford hospice, and a guard whereyou turn for milford grange along with the two other guards at the groody round about oh along with another guard in ul just standing there...

i was in ul and there was no crime scene, it was for a bicycle race as far as i could see, it was pointless them being there, they were just directing traffic but they were causing a more of a hindrance.. the traffic went all the way back to the parkway because they closed the road for no apparent reason.
    it seemed utterly pointless having 8 gardai out there standing around or 'directing traffic'.. i know they were probably worried about someone getting knocked off the bikes but seriously 8 gardai and closing the road is a bit of a joke..

FFS. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I overheard a Ban Gardai wan walking with her partner through Milford Grange last night, and was joking that there was 3 squad cars in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

rag week. students drunk all day AND night now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

zuroph wrote: »
    rag week. students drunk all day AND night now.
    that may be true, but this had nothing to do with students being drunk.. To be honest i felt it was drawing negative attention from the public on students for no reason having all the guards around and closing the road.. you could see people were getting pissed in their cars and you know people will be going around now going f**king rag week bla bla and so on.. I don't know it just seemed a bit ridiculous all the gardai and the traffic jam it was causing..
    I think the guards are needed out around castletroy during rag week just to patrol so the students know they are there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

Triathlon was on out there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

that may be true, but this had nothing to do with students being drunk.. To be honest i felt it was drawing negative attention from the public on students for no reason having all the guards around and closing the road.. you could see people were getting pissed in their cars and you know people will be going around now going f**king rag week bla bla and so on.. I don't know it just seemed a bit ridiculous all the gardai and the traffic jam it was causing..
    I think the guards are needed out around castletroy during rag week just to patrol so the students know they are there..

RAG week or not it's no excuse for drink driving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

I was at the running track in UL last night and 3 students stroll onto the track each with a pint of beer... thought it was an intresting thing for my 3 kids to be looking at!!! don't want to be drawing negative attention to the students or anything like :rolleyes:

i didnt say it was down to students drinking, but it WAS down to Rag week. The union would have to have informed the gardaí of the road race, and the cops then make the decision on how to manage the traffic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

TBH... **** the students. did you drive down by the kilmurry between 11 and 3 at night. its a nightmare. broken glass everywhere and students throwing furniture all over the place. Imagine having to bring up kids in areas like elm park or oaklawns nowadays. ****in scumbags. most of them are no more educated than the joe's on the street. they certainly don't have more sense. there was a road block up by that new plaza going up aswell. down by pat keogh's and o'mara motors. they were stopping everyone. just checking for nct, tax, insurance...etc. its not the 1st time i've seen them there actually

Im out in newtown and every night I can hear the students from lodge at clearout time. mad stuff

Advertisement