Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore Food Producers Group Meeting

Options
  • 01-04-2009 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Tramore Food Producers Group will be holding a meeting at Tramore Library tonight, Wed April 1st, at 7.30pm

If you are interested in growing your own vegetables please come along.

The goal is to build up a network of people with a shared interest, beginners and experts, to share advice, knowledge, tips and tricks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Could this have been an April's Fool ????? :)

:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Stan Nangle

You'd have to ask the 70+ people who turned up. ;)

Next meeting is on the first Wednesday of May. Venue to be confirmed.

www.wfpn.net

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I saw the article about this a few weeks back and thanks to the link posted here I found out about the one in the city. I hadn't heard of it before.

My hubby and I went along this evening and enjoyed the talk on beer making. DH enjoyed the beer sample he was given so he's going to try making it in a couple of weeks.

We're gardening novices so hope to learn a few things.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Stan Nangle

After a highly successful initial meeting at the beginning of April, the Tramore Food Growers’ Group will meet again on Wednesday, 6th May, at 7.30pm in the Grand Hotel, Tramore.

The topic for the evening is getting started with seedlings and complete beginners will have an opportunity to acquire some plants to launch them on their venture into "grow-your-own". Those who have already begun to sow for the coming season are asked to bring along surplus produce – either left-over seeds, seedlings or young plants that they have potted on – with a view to swopping, bartering or simply donating. These should be in clean containers in carrier bags so that they can be passed around with the minimum of mess.

There will also be a demonstration of how to transplant seedlings and an opportunity to exchange tips and ask questions.

I'm looking forward to tonight's meeting

• Advertisement

Hi Stan, do you have the contact details of the person who can provide topsoil please?

Advertisement