Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redundancy payment

Options
  • 01-04-2009 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

As an agency worker am i entitled to redundancy payment?im being made redundant but the agency say they wont give me any payment just 1 weeks notice nothing at all more.i emailed nera who sent back a q&a saying workers are entitled to a min of 2 weeks pay for each year that they worked after they have worked 2 years with the company making them redundant.Doesnt say anything about agency workers or if its different just says all workers.any info would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Emerald Lass

not sure but I think it might have something to do with the type of contract you have. If your contract is not a 'permanent' one with the agency, then you are basically on a week to week arrangement, i.e when there is work you are needed, when there is no work you are not. If that is the case I don't think you are entitled to redundancy.

Have you checked your contract? are you listed as a 'permanent' employee?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

thanks for the reply!!! i don't have a contract. i had pretty much no dealings with the agency over the years, they paid me but i never really spoke to them and had all work dealings through the comapny. im pretty sure they told me at the start that i was permanent with the agency but if there was no work the agency weren't required to pay me :(

Advertisement