Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from politics

Options
  • 01-04-2009 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭

i got banned from politics last friday, for two weeks ,just got a message to say that im now banned for good ,and i havent used the politics site since the ban, can anyone help me to get unbanned ,as i would only love to enter debates after the budget, i have a great interest in politics, i dont mind the 2 week ban nut a full time one is a bit harsh.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Send a Private message to the moderators of that forum. Log out, and visit the forum to get the names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

thanks buffy bot, i got banned for getting a bit into detail, about issues involving unions ,the public sector and the private sector, none of it was ment to be offensive ,mainly just to wind up people and keep the debate going but some people cant be blamed for taking it to heart

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

The two week ban was for continuing to wind people up after being warned about it. The permanent ban was for signing up an alternative account - franbrehon - to circumvent the ban.

i accept the 2 week ban but i havent signed up as franbrehon, however frank brehon who works for me as a qs has signed up to the boards, using this computer, as it is in our office and several people have accessto it during working hours, can we now retract the permanent ban, and i will sit out the 2 week ban

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hi leitrim lad

We're looking into this at the moment.

Short question though: any idea why the second user might have joined coincidentally an hour after you were banned?

• Advertisement

we were discussing the debates and as i was banned frank said he wouldnt mind joining in on it, i dont know how many posts he left or how long he is a member but i think it is a bit hard to ban someone all because another person has access to the computer, there are 3 computers here and we all use them no one is fixed to the one desk at any time

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

On review, we've agreed to reinstate the two-week ban and lift franbrehon's ban.

Advertisement