Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Download Waiting Times

• 01-04-2009 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭

Hey all, just wondering how long it takes for your downloads to complete, e.g FIFA ULTIMATE TEAM. I've got a standard Eircom Broadband pack(1meg I think) and the connection is fast online but when I go to download something it takes forever. Last week I downloaded the COD WAW maps and it took about an hour and a half to complete.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

It's a pain in the hoop.

It took me about 2.5 hours to download Destroy all Humans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Mine usually goes around full speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

amacachi wrote: »
    Mine usually goes around full speed.

Are you following me?

Surely you should be off looking for that F1 footage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

JokerD wrote: »
    Hey all, just wondering how long it takes for your downloads to complete, e.g FIFA ULTIMATE TEAM. I've got a standard Eircom Broadband pack(1meg I think) and the connection is fast online but when I go to download something it takes forever. Last week I downloaded the COD WAW maps and it took about an hour and a half to complete.

it's that crappy eircom router that causes it.
    I had a belkin router which i set the xbox up in a dmz..xbox downloaded at full speed no bother..
    Back onto the eircom router and the download speeds are crap again.
    My advice is to get a Linysys router..I'd use the belkin but imap's not working on the bloody thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

no it's not matthew. eircom router is grand. it's obviously the way you have it setup :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

shut up flaccus..told u already this morning what the prob is..
    besides it's not as if you be playing mp games now is it? sod off back to your pathetic single player games :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, I've found the downloads to be fierce slow. I have a Smart 8 Meg line and Lost and the Damned too forever to come down.

Advertisement