Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football + Booze = Good Times

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Everyone would be destroyed by halftime, dead by the time soccer saturday ends at 6pm.

The only football related drinking game of ours is when a certain buddy of mine, who is an awful name dropper, mentions certain players names we must all say said players name rasing our drinks and take a good mouthful. You would be surprised how quickly our pints disappear :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Nobody could play that game and live to tell the tale. But its rules are very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I remember during the summer there was in Amstradam with the lads and were watchin the Holland v Russia game before we headed out on the town for the second half. We decided every time Dirk Kuyt touched the ball everyone had to have a shot of jager. Sadly as the half progressed Dirk didn't see alot of the ball, doubt he touched it for a half hour in fact, was hilarious! He was subtituted & half time and we headed for the red-light district sober!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

"Wheres Robbie?" was good for 6 months there.
    basically wheres wally but with Robbie Keane when he played for liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I had a great laugh one time playing that drinking game where you each take turns having to say a name that begins with the letter of the surname someone else says. I was at a friend's house and we all played it with footballers' names.

For example, someone says Kevin Doyle, then you have to say a footballer whose name begins with D, ie David Beckham and the next person says a name beginning with B and so on...

You have to keep taking swigs of your drink while you are thinking of a name. It gets trickier as time goes by. It gets really funny too when someone says a player whose Christian name and surname are of the same letter because then it reverses back to the previous person, ie Damien Duff.

I remember one guy thought he had me well beaten when he said a surname beginning with Z and by this stage all the obvious guys had been said, Zidane, Zico etc. That's when a name came to my drunken mind out of nowhere - Zlatko Zahovic, the Slovenian international. No idea where I got it from but it reversed back on to this poor chap and he was raging. Everyone gave me a respectful cheer.

That's a drunken game well worth playing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Not quite, but here's the rules for Pro Evo soccer drinking games. Suppose it could be used for FIFA too. Generally we drink beer as we're playing, the shots are extra.

PES Drinking Games. Official rules

1 v 1 Games

1 shot for:
    • Hitting a shot wide from inside the penalty box. Headers don’t count, volleys do
    • Getting a yellow card
    • Conceding a goal
    • Losing a game.
    • Pausing the game when the ball is still in play

2 shots for:
    • Getting a red card
    • Losing by 3 goals. 3 shots for losing by 6 and so on.

2 v 2 Games

• Whoever scores a goal, nominates whoever he wants from the other team to take a shot.
    • Whoever takes a shot from inside the box, and hits it wide takes a shot. Headers don’t count, volleys do
    • Whoever gets a yellow card takes a shot.
    • Pausing the game when the ball is in play is a shot.
    • Whoever gets a red card gets 2 shots.
    • Whatever team loses, the 2 players do rock scissors paper to decide who takes a shot.
    • If your team loses by 3 goals, both players automatically have to take a shot.
    • Lose by 6 goals it’s 2 shots each and so on.
    • If anyone says something stupid, it’s a shot.

Also, in both games, whoever had the last shot, has to refill the shot glass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I had a great laugh one time playing that drinking game where you each take turns having to say a name that begins with the letter of the surname someone else says. I was at a friend's house and we all played it with footballers' names.

For example, someone says Kevin Doyle, then you have to say a footballer whose name begins with D, ie David Beckham and the next person says a name beginning with B and so on...

You have to keep taking swigs of your drink while you are thinking of a name. It gets trickier as time goes by. It gets really funny too when someone says a player whose Christian name and surname are of the same letter because then it reverses back to the previous person, ie Damien Duff.

I remember one guy thought he had me well beaten when he said a surname beginning with Z and by this stage all the obvious guys had been said, Zidane, Zico etc. That's when a name came to my drunken mind out of nowhere - Zlatko Zahovic, the Slovenian international. No idea where I got it from but it reversed back on to this poor chap and he was raging. Everyone gave me a respectful cheer.

That's a drunken game well worth playing.

lol the name game must be the most well known drinking game ever... be amazed if anyone hadn't heard of this

Quint wrote: »

PES Drinking Games. Official rules

I'll be doing that! :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Maybe I'll join ya ;):D

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Maybe I'll join ya ;):D

Enjoy! It's amazing how cautious the first game is, then after a few drinks the tackles and shots are flying in. We brought in the shot inside the box rule to liven it up.
    Worst possible situation is to take someone down in the 90th minute inside the box, get a straight red and the peno makes it 3-0. It's 4 shots in a row. Better off sitting out the next game if possible:pac:
    Sometimes it's just gut reaction to take someone down if they're through on goal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Quint wrote: »
    Sometimes it's just gut reaction to take someone down if they're through on goal
    Especially after a few!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Especially after a few!

It's great when you get away with 3 or 4 dodgy challenges, and your mate does 1 and he gets a straight red!
    For the shot missed outside the box rule, make sure you look at replays if it goes wide to make sure he's in the box.

I actually want to play that game now :D

Advertisement