Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Portarlington

Options
  • 01-04-2009 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi All

I've just been made redundant and am planning on taking a few months off so I'm looking for things to do in Port. I've been living here five years but I've found it hard to meet any friends. Its hard to do when you're commuting every day and in college at the weekends. I'm in my early thirties (female) and I think at this age most people have their friends and are happy enough so its hard to really meet anyone. Anyway, college is finished and I'm about to be jobless so really want to get out there and meet some people. I've just joined the gym, have started group guitar lessons and am looking at an art class in the VEC. Is there anything else out there that I would give me a chance to meet some people around my age?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Bug1

Think they might play Tag Rugby at the Rugby club during the summer, should be starting soon..... just a blowin myself, so not much help to ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Hey Minxie, where you doing the group guitar lessons? Am keen to pick it up myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Minxie123

Thanks for that. Might check out the tag rugby!

The guitar lessons are above the Wilton on a Thursday night. There's actually only two of us in the group so its really good. Contact Elaine Hearty who runs the stage school there and she'll hook you up. info@elainehearty.com

Get ready for sore fingers though! Its a killer :D

Advertisement