Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

He who shall not be named.

Options
  • 01-04-2009 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

OK, I am going to bite the bullet.

What has happened regarding the no mentioning of our beloved leader?

Why is this not sitewide like the no mentioning of a certain events company.

I am presuming that this is not an April Fools joke.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

orly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Dudess wrote: »
    Why?

I could be wrong , but I guess it's because it's April 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Who we talking about here, cloud?

Has he left?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

I certainly thought it was an April Fools joke until it went on beyond midday.

• Advertisement

Joost wrote: »
    Who we talking about here, cloud?

Has he left?
    Brian Cowen and apparently satirical uses of phrases like "Zanu FF" are prohibited also. Reminds me a bit of Singapore which is notionally democratic but uses threats of court action to stifle criticism and effectively maintain a one party state.

I'm still hoping someone will shout April Fools.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I have no idea what this thread is about. Is it about boards or about politicians???

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Brian Cowen, not happy with stuff said on boards, boards no longer mention him (or siteban), guanyin had a hissy fit, got banned by smods, etc etc.

Still clueless? Happy April Fools Day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

April fools day in Ireland goes on all day. Check out wiki if you don't believe me!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Ah right, the OP was far too cryptic for me! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The use of the word "beloved" is what threw me off. I was sure you were talking about me DeVore

tbh wrote: »
    April fools day in Ireland goes on all day. Check out wiki if you don't believe me!
    Fair enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

SkepticOne wrote: »
    I certainly thought it was an April Fools joke until it went on beyond midday.
    Is it past midday in US yet?

jhegarty wrote: »
    I could be wrong , but I guess it's because it's April 1st.
    He said "I am presuming this is NOT an April Fool's joke" - that's why I asked why. :)

Why are you making that presumption Fred?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

If GuanYin is in on it, she played it very well indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

He said "I am presuming this is NOT an April Fool's joke" - that's why I asked why. :)

doh. :o

Maybe I just expected better :o

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Maybe I just expected better :o
    There's your first mistake :D

At least I THINK it's an April Fool's joke...

At least I THINK it's an April Fool's joke...

Aaahh ****, now you've gone and got me all confused. One minute it is, the next it isn't.

Oh well, I suppose rule 8 applies :D
    The Female Rules
    1. The Female always makes The Rules.
    2. The Rules are subject to change without notice.
    3. No Male can possibly know all The Rules.
    4. If the Female suspects the Male knows all The Rules, she must immediately change some of The Rules.
    5. The Female is never wrong.
    6. If it appears the Female is wrong, it is because of a flagrant misunderstanding caused by something the Male did or said wrong.
    7. If Rule #6 applies, the Male must apologize immediately for causing the misunderstanding.
    8. The Female can change her mind at any time.
    9. The Male must never change his mind without the express written consent of The Female.
    10. The Female has every right to be angry or upset at any time.
    11. The Male must remain calm at all times, unless the Female wants him to be angry or upset.
    12. The Female must, under no circumstances, let the Male know whether she wants him to be angry or upset.
    13. The Male is expected to read the mind of the Female at all times.
    14. At all times, what is important is what the Female meant, not what she said.
    15. If the Male doesn't abide by The Rules, it is because he can't take the heat, lacks backbone, and is a wimp.
    16. If the Female has PMS, all The Rules are null and void and the Male must cater to her every whim.
    17. If the Male, at any time, believes he is right, he must refer to Rule #5.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

It's OK, we offered him a free subscription and he dropped the case, we're allowed talk about him again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BrianCowen

but if you post any pictures of me in the nip, I'll tax your coke and hookers.

GuanYin wrote: »
    It's OK, we offered him a free subscription and he dropped the case, we're allowed talk about him again.

******* *****!!!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I banned BrianCowen.

Thread...... delivers.

DeV.

Advertisement