Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

first time out with the 50d - C&C - go easy on me!

• 01-04-2009 4:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

3404545278_f576a3b18a_b.jpg

3404524202_eccfae8112_b.jpg

3403736205_6e942e7df8_b.jpg

3404599250_44d02dae0b_b.jpg

3404520300_d71ca959ac_b.jpg

3404521980_6fa8f9f417_b.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Lol, folks will go easy on you but not the photos :D

For me some of the ones of vines on branches and roots the dof was a bit too shallow, my personal preference in such shots is to shoot with aperture open enough to seperate the subject but not so open that parts of the subject are in bokeh.

The b&w of the tree could do with more contrast maybe?

The ducks (mallards?) look nice and sharp, great splash of colour, but a smidge over exposed or too much contrast in pp to my eye (whites blown out). Took me a while shooting swans to figure out why exposures were changing - go fully manual was the solution.
    /2c

Anyway keep at it and most important - enjoy! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

thanks for the feedback, guess i went a little over the top with the 2.8 aperture :D

I have to say, it was really enjoyable and relaxing. I will definitely keep at it and improve. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

I think you've over exposed most of them and you should always try to focus on the eyes of a live subject, in situations like above.
    Only one, or two of them actually have something in focus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

Ok thanks...:o I thought that the focus was ok, but yeah probably should of set the focus point over the ducks eye. Agree I overexposed them now I look again. Ah well, I am still happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Ciaran_Dub

anoble66 wrote: »
    Ok thanks...:o I thought that the focus was ok, but yeah probably should of set the focus point over the ducks eye. Agree I overexposed them now I look again. Ah well, I am still happy :)

And if this is just a hobby for you, then that is what really matters at the end of the day. Yes of course you want to improve your techniques in any given hobby but once you are happy with them thats the main thing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement