Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdressers in Dublin city/south

Options
  • 01-04-2009 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi ladies,

I thought that here might be a smart place to post this query. I'm looking for a decent hairdresser in the south side (around Blackrock area) or even the city. I get my hair highlighted about 4 times a year and sometimes find it crazy expensive and have been let down by salons on many occasions!!

I also want to be able to go to a stylist who I know will cut my hair well!

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated...the price not being through the roof would also be good. If there's anyone who does nixers even in hairdressing that'd be suitable.

Hope to hear from some of you with suggestions - thanks :) xx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Brown Sugar! They are in the city centre (on that street parallel to Grafton, not Dawson St but the other side of Grafton!) and they have recently opened a salon in Blackrock.

Very pricey though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

Id highly highly recommend House of Colour on Middle of Abbey St. I've being going there for about 4 years.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I've heard good things about Brown Sugar! I'd recommend Toni & Guy myself, I've been getting my hair done in the Dundrum one since it opened, before that I got it done in one just off Grafton St. Both were excellent. There's one in Blackrock too AFAIK.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

SheRa wrote: »
    Id highly highly recommend House of Colour on Middle of Abbey St. I've being going there for about 4 years.

sorry OP, i dont know anywhere in Blackrock but i wouldnt go to the House of Colour, i have had two nightmares in the place (went back to them about a month ago after not going of 5 years - it hasnt changed, yet another horrendous haircut)

so i am like you on the hunt for a decent hairdresser

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Suzyq

sorry OP, i dont know anywhere in Blackrock but i wouldnt go to the House of Colour, i have had two nightmares in the place (went back to them about a month ago after not going of 5 years - it hasnt changed, yet another horrendous haircut)

so i am like you on the hunt for a decent hairdresser

I concur - good for colour but brutal for cut.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

I've been to Aidan Fitzgeralds in Blackrock a few times. Pricey but consistent in my opinion. Got a great cut from Stephen before. Haven't been in a while though so maybe ask around before trying it.

They have those cool massage chairs for when you're getting your hair washed which is nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

this girl does my sisters hair in blackrock www.lorrainebrownehair.com

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭No_Regrets

Thanks for all the suggestions!! It's great to know there are some options out there!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement