Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recently picked up some new rods...(coarse fishing content)

Options
  • 01-04-2009 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

A couple of months ago, my beloved Shimano Stradic feeder was destroyed by my brother (he closed a card door on it :mad:)

I finally got round to replacing it last weekend, and also treated myself to a couple of new rods.

I got a Shimano Catana Heavy Feeder - absolutely beautiful rod, well balanced, and slightly longer than the old Stradic, so it's better suited to chucking a feeder a long distance.

I also couldn't resist buying a Zebco Cool Picker - it's a very cheap (25 euro) quivertip rod made from a glass and carbon composite. Quite stiff for a rod made from fibreglass, and very light. Oh, and it's only 8 ft long, so it's ideal for fishing with a small bomb on the canals. This was a bargain, and I would seriously recommend it for a beginner, or a young person getting to grips with swimfeeder/leger fishing for the first time.

Finally, I got a Shimano Alivio Carp rod as a present. Should be great for some light pike fishing - it has a 2.5 pound test curve, and it's twelve foot long, so it'll throw a small deadbait a reasonable distance.

All in all, I'm very happy with the purchases, and just wanted to share.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

I bought a samsung microwave last week, and also decided to go for a new toaster, well built, and cheap enough, highly recommended.

Advertisement