Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dboys M4 wont fire or turn motor

Options
  • 01-04-2009 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I bought a new 9 volt battery from eirsoft yesterday and fitted it into my gun.
    When i test fired it everything went well and the gun shot beautify.
    Later in the day i went to fire the gun again but nothing happened, the motor isnt turning and its not making any sound whatsoever.

I tried my old battery but again nothing happened.
    I also tried charging the new battery for a good few hours today and nothing.

any ideas ?
    Would leaving the higher volt battery in the gun have blown the motor ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Sounds like a blown fuse rather than a blown motor, you'd smell a blown motor, motors more burn out than blow. Could even be something as simple as loose connectors. Check your connectors really carefully, making sure that none of the connecty bits has been pushed out of the plastic housing, if it's not that then have a look for your fuse, if it's not that, and it's an M4, it's real easy to take out the motor and have a look to see if it burned out, just use the screws on the bottom of the grip, undo the screws, disconnect the connecting wires and the motor should just slide out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

So there is no power getting from the battery to the gearbox? Sounds like it could be faulty wire connections, fiddle around witht hem in the gun and see if you can get it working, if so you, a quick soldering job should work. It could be a broken fuse, most likely ( the new battery might have had too high of a voltage). If the fuse is gone, just replace it.

Looks like spetz beat me to it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭dominic2k

how do i know if the motor is blown ?
    I tried hooking the battery up to the motor but nothing happens

dominic2k wrote: »
    how do i know if the motor is blown ?
    I tried hooking the battery up to the motor but nothing happens

Look on the handle of the gun, unscrew the screws and there's your motor.

done that, i have the motor in my hand. but how do i know if its blown ?

• Advertisement

i should also note that the original battery is 7 cells and the new one is 8 cells.
    make a difference ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,806 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

i should also note that the original battery is 7 cells and the new one is 8 cells.
    make a difference ?

No, thats for the extra voltage, have you checked the fuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭Horse84

Same thing happened to me a few weeks back when i put in a 9.6v into my d boys m4 i checked the fuse and it was blown. I ended up getting rid of the fuse altogether and connected up the wires and works grand now:)

done that, i have the motor in my hand. but how do i know if its blown ?

I don't know, but spetz says you'd smell it. If you could connect a battery straight to the motor it should work but that might not be too good for the motor.

well **** me i just frightend the **** out of myself.
    Faulty wiring was the problem, if i move the wires while shooting it shoots again.
    (i didnt think it would hence ****ing my pants)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭Horse84

Faulty wiring was the problem, if i move the wires while shooting it shoots again.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

:D:D:D:D

Advertisement