Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Travel insurance

• 01-04-2009 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭

Apologies if this comes up often, I tried a search but it came back blank.

I'll be going on a trip to SE Asia, parts of the antipodes and South America and I'm looking for options for travel insurance. I've been quoted a figure of 489 EUR form Trailfinders, but I was really hoping for something a little less - while also providing decent coverage, of course.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Well that seems like a truly outrageous figure to me. I got travel insurance off these guys for 12 months including US & Canada and it was closer to €200 iirc.

http://www.aceinsure.com/travel/

They also cover you for pretty much any activity you can think of as part of the package. i.e. no extra fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Thanks!

Yeah, it looks like that would be about 240 EUR. Big savings there. But I can never figure these packages out because there are so many subtle clauses involved. It's difficult to know what you are buying.

Anyone else have suggestions?

Just to let you know that before I bought my insurance with these guys I went through the policy in a lot of detail and compared it directly with two other companies (can't remember the names unfortunately) and these guys came out on top. I didn't actually have to claim for anything so I can't comment on that.

EDIT: I'm not surprised you couldn't find any related info with the search; searching for anything in this forum seems to yield every single thread. Anyway, I eventually found this one which you will probably find useful

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055241860&highlight=insurance

Brilliant! I've not been able to find any policy mentioning it, but do you know if any insurance company will cover flight cancellation in case an airline goes bust and you are left in the middle of nowhere with no cash?

I'm leaning towards World Nomads or ACE Travel, sadly neither seem to cover this.

Brilliant! I've not been able to find any policy mentioning it, but do you know if any insurance company will cover flight cancellation in case an airline goes bust and you are left in the middle of nowhere with no cash?

I'm leaning towards World Nomads or ACE Travel, sadly neither seem to cover this.

You mean if say, Qantas, were to go bust leaving you with no flights? I know the world is in recession but that seems pretty extreme!

• Advertisement

You mean if say, Qantas, were to go bust leaving you with no flights? I know the world is in recession but that seems pretty extreme!

Yeah, that's what I mean. I was thinking about all those people with XE airways last year who were stuck. Can't have it all, I guess!

Advertisement