Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labradoodle Puppy Wanted

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

Having spent my life in complete and utter fear of dogs, and having spent a shed load of money trying to sort this out, I now have a 16 week old F1B Labradoodle. Didn't just get one but was told I need to get one to progress a bit.
    This specific type of dog was recommend for me ( as I am still very afraid of dogs) as they are very people friendly and can pick up on peoples anxieties supposedly. Also I have artrithis and trying to pick up shedding hair would be a nightmare.
    I got the dog when he was 9 weeks old from a chap in Wexford, within a week he was sleeping all night (11 till 8) and was house trained. He has never had an accident since then.
    He is quite tall but I have trained him not to jump up on me (my artrithis) or anyone else. He can do lots of tricks and is totally obedient - well most of the time.
    The other thing that really amazes me about my doodle is if I hold his lead in my left arm (my bad arm) he senses that it hurts me and will not pull on lead at all. Since we bought him we have meet other people who got Labradoodles from the same guy - their doodles are very good too.
    Labradoodles are brillant dogs (does it matter that they are crossbred - they are also a dog) - they do love to be around people and I would recommend them to anyone, just make sure you are ready for a dog - they need or more so like lots of attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

According to dogs101 no dog is 100% allergy proof it's their skin/dander that can cause the allergies and all dog breeds..well..have skin.

As mentioned any cross breed (wether purposley bred or not) can develop health problems related to either breed.
    Any dog even well mixed can develop health problems also.
    Saying that so many dogs have been so badly bred that they are more prone to health issues.

Lab/poodle crosses can suffer from hip problems and both breeds have clever and have lots of energy so any owner needs to be full of beans.

They are in general good with kids but so can most dogs but a lot of it's in the training breeds can have certain personality traits of course, but no dog comes 100% pre-programmed.

Advertisement