Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (UK) - Week 2

• 01-04-2009 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭

Discuss this weeks show here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

What a bunch of fools. The girls team were lucky this week IMO.

He took in the wrong to people, the Irish guy and the India guy should have been taken in, he would have easily stayed on if he had chosen the right people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

if they gave me that food . I'd throw it back at them . I thought the guys food looked nicer then the girls . A chicken warp with out the chicken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Ben is the most obnoxious creature to appear on TV since Joanna in the Irish version. Total snake.

I felt that Howard should not have been taken into boardroom. He was busy all day, unlike Majid and Noorul, who did sweet FA. But the right man got fired.

And isn't Yasmina a total wasp? She has obviously been watching too much Miranda Priestly. She was good though, getting that return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭dave_29

I read in one of Sunday papers afaik that there's an Irish girl (of descent) her parents moved over to England similar to yer wan from Wickla last yr.

Her surname btw is Tighe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

dave_29 wrote: »
    I read in one of Sunday papers afaik that there's an Irish girl (of descent) her parents moved over to England similar to yer wan from Wickla last yr.

Her surname btw is Tighe.
    Welcome to last week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭dave_29

Heh! i only realised i posted in the wrong thread, but first time postin on the Apprentice. But recorded it last nite as watchin the Ireland game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I thought last nights effort was good. The your fired show on BBC really makes the series.
    The girls were lucky given how bad the food they served up.

Rocky should not have been fired. He brought back in the wrong people. He should have taken Majid and Noorul in. Rocky would have survived then. It would have given Adrian Chiles an excuse to use Eye of the Tiger. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

I agree that Rocky shouldn't have been the one to go this week, and that he definitely brought back in the wrong people. I think Sugar is a bit foolish to let that one go.

Yasmina was a harridan! A great one for getting profit, but you'de never go back to her for repeat business! She also got all the flapping women to be on the same mission though for a change, that takes a strong streak.

Yeah, love the You're Fired shows. First year watching them and they're gas. Nick was great on it the other day, very funny man. If both himself and Margaret (also seems to be a good laugh) are close to Sugar, it makes ya think that maybe he isn't that bad, must have some sense of humour about him anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Rocky was 100% the right person to go! He owns 15 sandwich shops ffs and still managed to make a massive loss selling..... sandwiches! If he really does have 150 people working for him as he claims then he should have been easily able to control that group. He sent the two lads in to the corporate meeting with a quote of £60pp for finger food! That was suicide and immediately put that guys back up. He seemed to have no clue about costs or profit margins. He had to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

He brought in the wrong people, that's why he lost. And the fact that he brought in the wrong people just shows his lack of tactics and proper assessment of what went wrong.

The girls team really should have lost. That bruschetta thing looked vile- don't know why they didn't cut the bread up into smaller more bite-sized bits- would have saved more money and been easier to eat.

And the blinis? She just got pre-made sweet pancakes and put tomato in them! Gross.

Sometimes I wish Sugar would just intervene and declare a loser based on cr*pness rather than profit/loss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭nevey

Wasn't the fella who pissed himself in the boardroom a complete tosser! I thought that Rocky was very sound and while he was too inexperienced to win it, it would have been nice to see him develop a bit over the episodes.

I'm struggling to find a single likable character in the show this season, but it is early days.

Advertisement