Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting my room

Options
  • 01-04-2009 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

first time landlord wonder can you help.

if i rent a room for say 400 a month compared to 100 a week ie accept monthly repayments. by my calculation at the end of the year i lose 400 a year by accepting monthly repayments compared to weekly or am i wrong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Back in the days when I rented a room the landlord wanted £50 a week. I agreed with him that I could pay £217 a month as I got paid monthly and this was 52 x £50 / 12 so the landlord didn't lose out but I could budget the same amount each month.

If you want to advertise a weekly rate then maybe you can negotiate if the tenant gets paid monthly and wants to pay you monthly. There's more than 4 weeks in many months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Remember that €400 per month is €92.30 (€400 x 12 / 52)

If you want €100 per week you must charge €433.33 per month (€100 x 52 / 12)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

thats exactly what i was thinking. thanks for confirming

Advertisement