Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meath councilor on Gerry Ryan show - April fools?

Options
  • 01-04-2009 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Did you hear the Gerry Ryan show this morning? There was a thick ignorant Meath councilor on. Don't know his name. He was on about selling the Book of Kells to generate revenue for the government. David Norris came on to object. I'm taking it as a April Fools joke, but it sounded very convincing. Did anybody catch the councilors came? It was hillarous!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

There was an article on the Galway Indo today about the local councilors here trying to circumvent the poster ban by placing their posters on bikes, cutting daffodils in the shape of the politicians name and using a batman type sign in the sky.
    It was shocking at first as it is something as daft as the local politicians here would dream up instead of dealing with the actual issues. The batman thing swung it for me though.

Like this story here, its an April fool most likely but you can sometimes imagine the majority of the gombeens we have here in local and national politics coming up with those hair brained schemed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

kippy wrote: »
    There was an article on the Galway Indo today about the local councilors here trying to circumvent the poster ban by placing their posters on bikes

There was a picture of a local councillor (Francie Gilmartin) in last weeks Leitrim Observer on a Honda 50 with a cardboard sign taped to the bike saying "Vote Francie Gilmartin" or words to that effect. It's no April Fool I tell ya! I only wish I could get a picture of same as it just looked hillarious.

Advertisement