Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QWERTY or not?

• 01-04-2009 9:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭

What do you think??

QWERTY or not? 15 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    100%
    MoriartyJTManlong_bJosephtowel401PinesPatrickofRsaeireKid NothingneddBlue_WolfDeeper Bluemobius42drunkmonkeymaxwell smart 15 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

No
    If you're talking touchscreen QWERTY then usually no for me - on a keyboard yes please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

No
    long_b wrote: »
    If you're talking touchscreen QWERTY then usually no for me - on a keyboard yes please.

I'm wondering the same thing. OP, touchscreen or hardware qwerty keyboard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

not for me.. They take up too much space.
    I had the E70, with its fold out QWERTY and I didnt use it much at all.
    Went for the E66 instead of the E71 on my last upgrade. Didnt want the QWERTY cause it made the phone too big

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Hardware qwerty is great on blackberrys , dont fancy touchscreen though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I dont really like them they aren't as quick and easy.

The N97 seems to have about the best layout imo that ive seen

nokia-n97-01.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I'm more a fan of Dvorak myself. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

No
    I'm a fan of hardware qwerty keyboards, such as the one on my X1i.

12-25-08-x1_front_slider_black.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

jmccrohan wrote: »
    I'm more a fan of Dvorak myself. ;)
    Ewwwww no no no no no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Your question really is too general. Is it touch screen? Is it a big phone? Small phone? What am I using the phone for? Do I use a stylus?

I did vote no though as overall I dislike Qwerty anywhere but my PC keyboard :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

No
    Depends what you want to use the phone for. Lg have released out a new phone for 99euro and has a slide out qwert keypad just like the Nokia E75, it's marketed at young people who use bebo. Funny how they can charge 99euro for them but for a "business man" he has to pay 350-450euro for a nice business phone that has qwerty example being the E71, has anyone seen the E75?? Savage, nice and compact, similar to an e51, use the normal keys and than once you are sending an email etc etc, use the sliding function to reveal the qwerty keypad. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

For the poling vote, I say no to normal qwerty keypads as the phones are huge. However, I say yes to E75 and LG K360 (touch screen)

Thanks for reading.

Advertisement