Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SE W302 internet, aft help needed

• 01-04-2009 9:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have beside me an unlocked W302 and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get apps to connect to the internet. Id like to be able to use aft, opera mini and the likes but am having problems in that every time i run them and they try to connect to the internet it throws a security message.

It asks me to contact the operator for java internet settings. I dont know how to get round this! Ive tired downloading new settings from meteor, sony ericsson and even inputing them manually from the FAQ. Nothing appears to work and im stuck:) Ive got all working on a W880i no bother just this phone is being a right pain!

Help or advice appreciated before im driven mad by this:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

It should be something along the lines of:
    menu->settings->connectivity->internet settings->settings for java
    and set them to your meteor settings

The full instructions are:
    menu->settings->connectivity->data communication
    and delete all meteor related accounts. then:

menu->settings->connectivity->data communication->data accounts
    ->new account->ps data

name: meteor data
    apn: data.mymeteor.ie
    username: my
    password: meteor

press save

click on meteor data

scroll down to authentication.
    untick None and CHAP, leaving only PAP selected

menu->settings->connectivity->internet settings->internet profiles
    ->new profile

name: meteor data
    connect using: meteor data

press save

select meteor data from the list

menu->settings->connectivity->internet settings->settings for java

select meteor data from the list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭niallfullback

Sorry about the delay. Ive tried this but there seems to be no provisions for settings for java on the phone. Theres no data account either like on my other SE. Theres only an internet settings and no matter what I change these to that error keeps appearing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Sorry about the delay. Ive tried this but there seems to be no provisions for settings for java on the phone. Theres no data account either like on my other SE. Theres only an internet settings and no matter what I change these to that error keeps appearing?

In internet settings you should find all of the options above. the important things are:

APN (access point name):data.mymeteor.ie

and in authentication make sure PAP and CHAP are enabled. Then make sure everything else is turned off, ie no proxy etc

Advertisement