Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vet says cats liver is failing her??

Options
  • 01-04-2009 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hey guys, took my cat [lucky] to the vet today as i noticed she wasn't looking that great. Wasn't eating, could not stand without falling and was crying out in pain.Vet did blood test and called me back this evening...... They think she's been poisoned but will know more in the morning.They say her liver is failing, she's on a drip and that she seems to be in pain.....can't really remember the rest as i was in shock from what she had to say......what i want to know is, her liver is failing....does that mean she'll have to be put to sleep:confused: Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I'm really sorry about your cat. :(

All you can do at the moment is hope she's a resilient little bruiser and keep your fingers crossed for her. How far does your cat roam? Do you lay down any sort of poisons on your property, or could you call into your neighours and ask them if they lay down poisons? Knowing what poison it might be could be helpful.

Otherwise just wait and hope for some good news. When you feel a little better in the head, call the vet back and ask for more information on what's happened to her, what she's going through at the moment and what her outcomes could be.

Cats are very resilient creatures. Fingers crossed for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Its really a matter of wait and see. The liver is one of the most robust organs in the body and can put up with ALOT of abuse but it has the capacity to repair itself so if she has been poisoned this will take some time. It really depends on the extent of damage done tbh, but ive seen cats pull out of some horrendous situations so hopefully yours will be lucky.

Advertisement