Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 2fm: Minister says Metro North will go ahead

Options
  • 01-04-2009 10:07pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭

just heard on RTE 2fm news that Metro North will not suffer because of the cutbacks and will go ahead subject to ABP and cabinet approval. ill try find a news article on line and post it. Glad to see they still have some common sense up in Leinster House.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

www.breakingnews.ie is good for these

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/eyaueysngbid/
    Transport Minister Noel Dempsey says the Metro North project planned for Dublin will not be scrapped in next week's emergency Budget.

Some commentators have called for the multi-billion euro underground rail scheme to be postponed due to the rapid deterioration of the public finances.

However, Mr Dempsey said today that the cabinet had decided that the project would continue until all construction tenders were submitted.

He said the cost of the project would be re-evaluated with a view to its continuation sometime towards the end of the year.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

mikemac wrote: »

ye i checked it but it wasnt up. U must have checked it after me, tanks for puttin it up anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

is this april fools joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Every days seems like an april fools day joke with these muppets running the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

I love threads like this one!!!! Yippee!!!

Oh so ****ing what!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭D.L.R.

Sure its as good as built so :)

Advertisement