Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George's arcade piercing.

Options
  • 01-04-2009 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Am I the only person,
    that thinks this place is an utter shambles?

They are butchering kids, who dont no any better.

They rarely/never ask for i.d, and dont give healing advice,
    and use the worst jewelery (home made) ever.

Not only that, but they are taking business away from good reparatable places.
    Places that actualy care about their clients.

Health and safety should shut this place down, for good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I'm not from Dublin, but I've even heard it's a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭xseanx

Kersmash wrote: »
    I'm not from Dublin, but I've even heard it's a disgrace.

Yep,
    some of the stuff ive seen come out of that place,
    is dire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Georges acade is a big no no around here!!

Georges acade is a big no no around here!!

Dya think there would be any way,
    people colud get it shut down?

xseanx wrote: »
    Dya think there would be any way,
    people colud get it shut down?
    nopie, there is no requirements to set up a parlour so they are in there legal right...which is sad

• Advertisement

nopie, there is no requirements to set up a parlour so they are in there legal right...which is sad

Serious?
    That's mental.
    I'd say all the real piercers around town foooooking dispise them.

Serious?
    That's mental.
    I'd say all the real piercers around town foooooking dispise them.
    I'd say so! nothing they can do apart from supply a far superior service and products like they do now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

The place has a terrible reputation, Snakebite used to keep a portfolio of horror and a fair chunk of that was done by the arcade most likely (though not fact). One problem here is the complete lack of regulation of the industry. To the best of my knowledge, I could open a studio tomorrow and tattoo anyone I like and pierce anybody without recourse or need for proper training. Its a completely self-regulated industry. So long as studios arent tattooing 11 year olds and posing a threat to the general health of the public the government arent all that concerned.

Diceicle wrote: »
    The place has a terrible reputation, Snakebite used to keep a portfolio of horror and a fair chunk of that was done by the arcade most likely (though not fact). One problem here is the complete lack of regulation of the industry. To the best of my knowledge, I could open a studio tomorrow and tattoo anyone I like and pierce anybody without recourse or need for proper training. Its a completely self-regulated industry. So long as studios arent tattooing 11 year olds and posing a threat to the general health of the public the government arent all that concerned.
    Unregulated!! thats the word! thank you!

Yeah,no health requirements or nothing! The good places use the english guidlines as theirs!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

The last two times I was in Snakebite people came in wanting ****ty arcade piercings fixed :(

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

When I was in getting my last piercing, my piercer told me about a girl she knows who got a VCH in the arcade a few years ago, and they brought her into the jacks in the little cafe opposite to do it!! :eek::eek:

Toots85 wrote: »
    When I was in getting my last piercing, my piercer told me about a girl she knows who got a VCH in the arcade a few years ago, and they brought her into the jacks in the little cafe opposite to do it!! :eek::eek:

serious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

I'm no fan of d'arcade.

but I think we should watch our steps here. this thread may be slanderdous

hot2def wrote: »
    I'm no fan of d'arcade.

Let the truth be spoke.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

serious?

so she told me, but personally I always take anything that starts with 'a friend of a friend' etc as less than gospel. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭WonderAmy

That place is not good at all, I have got two piercings but NEVER NEVER have I gone there.
    Some days when out around town and walking around the arcade you can see all the young one's queueing outside the stall waiting to get whatever they are getting done done and there is NO way they can keep it hygienic!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

*Puts on my mod hat*
    Toots85 wrote: »
    Read the charter, no friend of a friend posts are allowed.
    hot2def wrote: »
    I'm no fan of d'arcade.
    Very true.
    Let the truth be spoke.
    Let that which is provable be spoke.
    NOBODY is allowed to start threads which are simply to slate a place. It's in the charter.

Consider this a first and last warning folks, anyone starts any threads along this line will get an infraction and a two week holiday from the forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement