Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

convert illustrator to indesign...

Options
  • 01-04-2009 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

I'm not too hot on CS in general as I'm only new to it but this problem is wrecking my head.

I have created a vector image in illustrator and I need to transfer it into indesign because it's an wedding invitation and I need to add text etc. But when I go file> place> filename, nothing drops in, just a blank square outline.

I converted the ai into pdf and it looks perfect, however when I try and place the pdf into ID it comes up blank too!!! So obviously there's something wrong with the original ai file but I can't figure out what it is... earlier versions of the ai file are perfect.

I hope someone can help me...

Thanks a mil

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

Did you check the

Create PDF Compatible File

under options when saving the .ai file?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭EvolutionNights

Copy and paste the vector into InDesign.

Copy and paste the vector into InDesign.

That can work. But sometimes InDesign won't have all the capabilities as Illustrator has and it will paste a low-res version that isn't editable.

But it can work where all the vectors are still editable. Depends on the complexity of the drawing I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭flycruise

Did you check the

Create PDF Compatible File

under options when saving the .ai file?

Where is this?

File Save As

Choose .ai from the drop down menu

You are presented with another dialog box that looks like this:

91440534.jpg

And under "Options" it's the first thing there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭flycruise

Thanks a mil, will try that ...

Advertisement