Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

preparing for the full test wot shuld i look out for in my prepartion and brush upon

• 02-04-2009 3:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

well lads howdooo all,this is my 1st post in the bike section but im a regular once a week reader ahem(i didnt know boards had a section 4 this til i stumbled across it 1 of the nites ) but i want to use this oppertunity to say hi too all here fello bikers lol,i have me bike test(full liscence test, got the letter yesterday) coming in a few weeks and i would like to get the low down on the test as i havent a clue who to ask yeno without being winded up by the mates who cant even start cement mixers and then look in at the blocs tumbling in a hyponotic state as if hey is that a boucy castle,have u 4 euro n we both go 4 a spin lol but id like to take it seriously all the same and not waste me money yeno,wot should i be practising,looking for and any general info thats applies to passing the test is appreicated especially looking for info on roundabouts and left and right turning and how fast or how slow your ment to be driving ,i have my bike in top nick so that wouldnt be stalling point but just to kno wot the instructor is looking for in the skillls department all help and wisdom is apprreciated ta again ;) badg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

fella I got the lessons off told me to get upto in or about the speed limit fairly quick. Make progress basically.
    Tester will ask ya simple questions ie. How do you check your oil, how to inspect the chain blaa blaa blaa load of balls.
    Exagerate yer head movements so the numpty knows your actually looking around. Look out for the fecker asking you to pull over in an unsafe place. My tester wanted me to pull in on the side of the steepest hill in waterford and its a narrow enough busy street so I just ignored him and kept on going. Go me lol.
    Make sure to wear your boots , pants and hi vis jacket, basically make sure ya look the part and are aware of the dangers.
    Best of luck with the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

sound seany 4 d info wots d speed limit 4 town driving tho lol 30 40 mph ,am a lil lost on that part as there very few singn posts indicating the speed your ment to do lol ,was that the candy store fella u got the lessons off if i can ask ? any news on the bike

ha ha no idea boy what the speed is. I passed test and couldnt be arsed checking the limit to be honest. I just go with the flow of traffic , unless their to slow ha ha.
    Who the feck is the candy store man. Paul or pat de courcy was the chaps name I got lessons off. Good trainer , I know a few fellas who got lessons off a different trainer and they thought he was crap. Cant say his name here cos he might be reading and I dont wanna upset him ha ha.
    Na no news on the bike. Have a loan of me mates gixxer thou at the moment for a few days though. Already looking around for a gixxer thou for meself ha ha. Cant see me getting the bike back now to be honest. What ya riding anyways.

seanybiker wrote: »
    ha ha no idea boy what the speed is. I passed test and couldnt be arsed checking the limit to be honest. I just go with the flow of traffic , unless their to slow ha ha.
    Who the feck is the candy store man. Paul or pat de courcy was the chaps name I got lessons off. Good trainer , I know a few fellas who got lessons off a different trainer and they thought he was crap. Cant say his name here cos he might be reading and I dont wanna upset him ha ha.
    Na no news on the bike. Have a loan of me mates gixxer thou at the moment for a few days though. Already looking around for a gixxer thou for meself ha ha. Cant see me getting the bike back now to be honest. What ya riding anyways.

a feic name n shame them init lol if ur well payin d dollars ya want results dolar worth anyway,but i heard its a 150 4 a lesson of this lad,i havnt stoppred him yet to find out 4 sure but 150 is a sure deterrent if u havent got it lol,courcey ?anyting to thelol prilla triller driving good but could do wit a new set of rings lol 1 of the few bikes i feel safe on the faster n lower you go,i say the bie is long gone a handy hit for any 1 going to the polish game the wkend gone and bottles if they sold it on lol sad but true

ha ha thats what I thought when I heard his surname to lol.
    Cant remember how much the lessons where for meself. Had to get the lessons cos me man wouldnt rent me his bike for the test unless I got lessons with him lol. Little cb250 was funny to drive.

• Advertisement

its d candy 4 sure intructor that is cb250,its a clean 1 2 4 a cb250,,a like a lil rxs 100 on steroids lol

I think a few of them use a cb250. He goes around on a bmw sometimes iirc

a feic him i wont critise him ne longer..hes doing his job at d end of d day init even if he can charge a silly price 4 it .if u can smelll 2choke it wasnt me im off lol later ppl b4 i smell bad lol go on bille joel

ha ha ya nutter. Tis jerry lol. No credit boy .

on a very serious note tho any info is seriously and kindly appreicated on the topic and as for the above posts ,it was wenseday late at night bottles were taken and we were after drawing with the world champions on there home soil ole ole craic was in sense was out peace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Defo get a pre-test at least a week beofre the test cos if there is something major wrong you have time to book another one

do it on a two fiddy and you will get the full A licencse.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭n.catenthusiast

best of lcuk honeybadger, let us know how you get on

Have mine in two weeks, gonna start practicing now, before the pre test

Anyone know the names of some of the roads that are most commonly used for the Tallaght centre?

do it on a two fiddy and you will get the full A licencse.
    i have only the a1 licence seany,i got me liscence before the theory test was invented back then lol in the times if your were 25 you could have full power hold on to your bolix nut 750style balls degged al over the places ,buts its not like that now and im gettting it sorted now if i can,few lessons n all lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Exagerate yer head movements so the numpty knows your actually looking around.

Yeah, I kept moving my head. If the speed limit changes you have to check both mirrors. Just move your head.
    Make sure you put your foot down at a stop sign, i failed cos i didn't stop properly:mad:. Straight fail for that, even though you could see for miles that there was no cars and I did everything else in the test right!

Advertisement