Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, a little confused.

Options
  • 02-04-2009 8:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

First off, I'm new here. Hi^^.
    Second, I am not sure if any of you can actually help me with this, but I am confused. I think I might be bi. Here's the thing: I haven't really had any relationships with women (or men, for that matter). In fact, with the exception of a few times in the past when I question my sexuality, I haven't really had an attraction to women. I don't think. I have begun to question again recently due to...odd thoughts about a female friend of mine. Once I began to question it seriously, I find that I am not opposed to sexual or emotional relations with women. In fact, I am somewhat attracted to it. I cant tell though if its just because I am thinking about it too hard or what. I am also confused because my parents...have a few issues with bisexuals. Its not their fault really, they just don't understand since both are straight beyond belief. But their views affect me deeply since I suffer from a strange fear of disappointment. I'm just confused...any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

Sexuality can be a confusing topic, especially when you try and limit yourself to labels like gay/bi/straight etc. Honestly you really don't have to choose one right now (or ever).

There is absolutely no harm in letting these feelings develop in their own time and seeing where it leaves you. It's always confusing when you start to think about your sexuality properly for the first time. The most important thing to remember really is to be open to where it might take you.

You might meet the most amazing woman in the world tomorrow or you might meet the most amazing man the next day. When you do you will know how you feel. Ultimately all that really matters is that you meet an amazing PERSON and to hell with what their gender is as long as you are attracted to them and want to be with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

You know, that does make sense. Hm. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭bluecell99

Monkey61 wrote: »
    Sexuality can be a confusing topic, especially when you try and limit yourself to labels like gay/bi/straight etc. Honestly you really don't have to choose one right now (or ever).

There is absolutely no harm in letting these feelings develop in their own time and seeing where it leaves you. It's always confusing when you start to think about your sexuality properly for the first time. The most important thing to remember really is to be open to where it might take you.

You might meet the most amazing woman in the world tomorrow or you might meet the most amazing man the next day. When you do you will know how you feel. Ultimately all that really matters is that you meet an amazing PERSON and to hell with what their gender is as long as you are attracted to them and want to be with them.

All I can add is not to be too caught up in what your parents think.You dont mention your age but thay have to respect you as an adult.You cannot change people.You are responsible to yourself.

Advertisement