Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 9: UK Vs. US (Official Discussion Thread) *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Does Lester owe $400? Really glad he lost. All the **** talking and he then loses 4 teeth. LOL tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RCNPhotos

I was hoping Stapleton would win too. Your man Camoron or however it's spelt was such a mouth for all the other episodes, then once he was picked to fight Stapelton, man his face was gold, he was ****tin it right from that second on. See his face in the house when Staps asked were they trash talking? Even though he was jokin, his face was pure gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

That was one of the most unpleasant things I have seen in MMA. I wanted him to lose, but not to get 4 teeth knocked out. Fair play to him for continuing, but the fight was already over.

THe bit where he is in the dressing room, spitting out blood, and he says, "Oh theres a tooth" was just nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

Was glad to see Lester lose but it's never nice to lose teeth. Was a good fight but it was over by the end of the first round.

Couldn't stop laughing at Dollars expressions every time he saw Stapleton. He looked genuinely scared to be in the cage with him. Fair play to him for winning the fight. He put the fear aside and fought a good fight. Stapleton took him for granted and it backfired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭clinchy

Dollar was like a deer caught in a trucks headlights he just shut and froze up, in fairness stapelton is a tough looking chap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

So glad that guy Frank lost. He was really annoying and got through on a technicality anyway.

The irony of the teeth situation was quality too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Couldn't stop laughing at Dollars expressions every time he saw Stapleton. He looked genuinely scared to be in the cage with him. Fair play to him for winning the fight. He put the fear aside and fought a good fight. Stapleton took him for granted and it backfired.

I loved that whole story actually. Massive respect for Cameron for converting his fear into a good thing...the cornered rat gimmick is one we don't see much in MMA so I hope he goes far for that alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭O'Leprosy

leggo wrote: »
    I loved that whole story actually. Massive respect for Cameron for converting his fear into a good thing...the cornered rat gimmick is one we don't see much in MMA so I hope he goes far for that alone.
    Yeah I got a bit of respect for Cameron Dollar after last night, he channelled the negative into a positive. At least the fella was honest and not full of thrash talking that Stapleton came out with. Like Stapleton mouthing in the house that he could out strike Dollar ( he had great hands right enough), out wrestle him and beat him on the ground. Maybe I'll get into a little trouble with the mods as this comment might be better posted over on the Military forum or something, but Stapleton's bravado before the fight was typical of the false self confidence Rambo sh!te that members of the Royal Marines, Paras etc come out with. It doesn't surprise me that one of them would carry it into the octagon or a ring.

Also glad to see James Wilks winning his fight over Lester. Wilks seems to be a decent sort. Lester was so full of himself that Dan Henderson had to tell him to calm down and keep him focused for the fight. Isn't it ironic justice that he was the one who had his teeth knocked out !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Yeah respect for Cameron. tbh I always brick it too before fights. But I suppose its the old (quite litteral) "fight or flight" reaction we evolved with that is in most animals. It can work to your advantage.

I suppose this episode was just another leason in why you shouldnt trash talk. Personally I hate it. I really dislike how some fighters have to hate their opponent to fight them (ie. BJ Penn, Ken Shamrock). But I suppose this is just another way of covering up their own fear.

Re: the teeth, I dont know if that was Karama or one of the biggest examples of irony I have ever seen. Imagine what a spanner he must feel like after taking bet about how many teeth he will knock out and ended up loosing four himself.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Frank lost fake teeth. He already had em knocked out. Ya think he'd get a decent gum shield

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

Ya was hopin Lester would lose, the trash talk he came out with was some of the worst I've heard. Karma was why he lost his teeth (I'm a fan of My Name is Earl),fake or not it still isnt nice to see someone lose their teeth.

Can someone tell me why the guys who lost their fights are still in the house?
    I thought that from once they lost they had to leave the house?

Fighters that lose stay in the house so that they can continue to get world class coaching, and also so that there is still plenty of drama in the house. Its been likethat from season 2 or 3

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

dunkamania wrote: »
    Fighters that lose stay in the house so that they can continue to get world class coaching, and also so that there is still plenty of drama in the house. Its been likethat from season 2 or 3

I've watched a few series' of TUF so I don't know how I didn't notice it before :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Great fight this week, but I thought the coach's challenge could have been a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 WMT

Can someone tell me why the guys who lost their fights are still in the house?
    I thought that from once they lost they had to leave the house?

They stay in the house to keep training for the finale and are all paired off on the Finale show, with the last 2 fights/main events for the contracts for the UFC.
    This is like this since season 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Rubbish episode this week, but they gave the suprise for next week away at the end of this weeks :mad:

my money is on a
    double KO :eek: and a 3rd round sudden death

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Rubbish episode this week, but they gave the suprise for next week away at the end of this weeks

I totally agree I was really disappointed with
    the british guy. I thought he would have trashed him but his fitness just wasn't there. As soon as he was caught in a choke he gave up.

The british guys are way better overall and the score doesnt reflect the true difference in quality between the teams.

I like the way they are taking the piss out of Team USA's saying

"1 2 3 We're not gay" instead of "1 2 3 U S A"

Generally they are adjusting better to being in Vegas then the yanks.

Edit: I cant wait for the bust up with Bisping and Demarques. Should be good fun.

disappointing episode for definite.
    The best bit was when the english guy was completely gassed in the second round. His hands were on his hips, he was leaning over huffing. American moves closer, and the UK unleashes a flying knee from nowhere. I think it landed square, but no power in it cos he was gassed. Bisping commented on it post fight.

If you are saying that the UK guys are better than the US guys remember that they are the best the UK has to offer, versus, some middle of the road Americans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

If you are saying that the UK guys are better than the US guys remember that they are the best the UK has to offer, versus, some middle of the road Americans.

FYP and so glad they got risd of Mr Whiney.

Flying knee was very funny. I thought it was an awful fight and pretty much sums up the season so far for me.

Not too sure about that. In most seasons at least half of the Americans are absolutely rubbish, and whiny bastards to boot.

The UK guys just want it more. Its the difference between a life on a building site and a life as a famous fighter and they realise this. A lot of the American guys don't seem to appreciate it.

• Advertisement

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Not too sure about that. In most seasons at least half of the Americans are absolutely rubbish, and whiny bastards to boot.

The UK guys just want it more. Its the difference between a life on a building site and a life as a famous fighter and they realise this. A lot of the American guys don't seem to appreciate it.

I agree, take the guy who got pulled by Dana in the most recent episode.

If the guy would have come in and said " yeah I really want the fight" and looked like he gave a rats ass he would still have been fighting next week.

I dont disagree on team attitude, I am just saying, that there are better unsigned prospects in the US than have been put in the TUF house

Very true, its a 'reality show' after all so there has to be some trade between quality of fighters and quality of tv they will provide.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

Sorry for the "amateur" question but what are the rules of TUF? In other words, how do you win?

If you lose, are you out? Is it team v team?

Thanks in advance!

bret69 wrote: »
    Sorry for the "amateur" question but what are the rules of TUF? In other words, how do you win?

If you lose, are you out? Is it team v team?

Thanks in advance!

It's always team v team, this season though its country v country.
    If a fighter loses he's out but stays in the house for the duration for good tv and to train with the others.
    The over all winner in the weight class (there are normally 2 classes) gets a contract.

As far as i know the rules for the fights are same as normal ufc ones except that there are only 2 rounds, a 3rd round only happens if the judges decide it's a draw after 2 rounds.

Is it just me or does Henderson look like hes not bothered about the competition?

Bisping seems to be more enthusiastic. Some of that is coming from beating the Americans in their own back yard and making a name for UK MMA.

Cant wait for the next episode looks like the best of the lot but you know how editing can tart up something like this.

Before the taping started, Hendo said he wasnt bothered with it. Bisping has said the same thing about Hendo. Bisping brought the guys running every day, cos they werent allowed leave the house with their coach. Hendo didnt.

ON the flipside, Hendo is a very laid back guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Too bad Rich Franklin didnt beat Dan. He woulda made a much better coach. He has a unreal workout/routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Just seen this weeks show and I never thought I would see what I seen in this weeks fight :mad:

• Advertisement

Just seen this weeks show and I never thought I would see what I seen in this weeks fight :mad:

I know I was disgusted when I watched it. Wonder when its ok to talk about it on here. Not too happy looking at next weeks show either.

Advertisement