Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 9: UK Vs. US (Official Discussion Thread) *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Damarques is more powerful than Nick. He reminds me of Dan Henderson, coiled back and ready to explode. The end of round 1 was epic.

Swizz wrote: »
    Damarques is more powerful than Nick. He reminds me of Dan Henderson, coiled back and ready to explode. The end of round 1 was epic.

Nick definitely looked to be lacking finishing power. A more powerful fighter would have ended it when he stunned demarques at the end of the first round.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

enjoyed that one, one of the better fights so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

paulieeye wrote: »
    enjoyed that one, one of the better fights so far

Agreed, I just hope Ross can win his next fight (I would like him to win it out)

Agreed, I just hope Ross can win his next fight (I would like him to win it out)

is it Ross v Frank the Tank?

• Advertisement

Just looking at cagepotato.com and their prediction was Demarques Johnson v David Faulkner and Ross Pearson V Andre Winner,Terrible shame Dave had bronchitis.:pac:
    Anthony Johnson pulled out of the card for the finale with a knee injury. :(

paulieeye wrote: »
    is it Ross v Frank the Tank?

Ross Vs. Jason Dent I think.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

nick's take down defence sucked, however he did ok once he was down i thought , meaning he's used to being there lol, some more educated boardsies might have something else to say?

Bisping calling for the back of the head and ref ref !!! was annoying to say the least just showed him in a very poor light i felt. It's reality tv though so pinches of salt an' all i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

I thought the fight was really poor, except for the last 30 seconds of the first.
    Conditioning has been a major factor on this series, with most fighters gassing early in the second. I didnt have high expectations from Nick, but Demarques is supposed to be the best fighter in the house, and his skill level was dissapointing.

I have seen more skillled and better fights in local events.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Boys anyone seen this weeks episode yet? (E11)

Two great fights and was probably one of the better episodes of the season because of it. None of the usual crap from the fighters.

I was delighted to see a
    all brit final in the light weight catagory

I think both sets of fighters fought well but the result was always gonna be the same for me.

Next week should be good, hopefully James will kick the rest of Frank's teeth out and make the finale worth watching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Good fights. Pretty dissapointed with series 9 as a whole though. It just seemed very stale and boring. I wished they would have showed more of the training too..

No way that Jason Dent is a legit 155er. He looks like he should be fighting at 135..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Best episode so far. Dent looked like a fat lightweight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

YOu will make more money as a bottom tier UFC lightweight, than you will as a top WEC 145 fighter.

TBH I wasnt impressed with either fight, in fact, I havent been impressed with anyone this whole series. The standard is lower than it should be. I expect any of these guys that make it into the UFC to get eaten alive.

Have higher hopes for series 10 though

dunkamania wrote: »
    YOu will make more money as a bottom tier UFC lightweight, than you will as a top WEC 145 fighter.

TBH I wasnt impressed with either fight, in fact, I havent been impressed with anyone this whole series. The standard is lower than it should be. I expect any of these guys that make it into the UFC to get eaten alive.

The standard wasnt great but you dont always need high level guys for a good fight. Both the fights had some good elements to them imo..

The series has been quite poor though in terms of talent and entertainment.

I look forward to seein Kimbo

dunkamania wrote: »
    I expect any of these guys that make it into the UFC to get eaten alive.

What about Ross? He seemed to be alright. Seemed fit and strong enough and threw some good shots. Took a few on the chin as well, albeit from a scrawny scanger lookalike

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

Not great fights this week. The two better fighters won. Dent fought a much better fight against Pearson than his previous wins. Dollar and Dent are lined up to fight on the finale as part of the undercard http://mmamadness.com/insight/news/3977

Wonder how Frank will do next week.

Swizz wrote: »
    I look forward to seein Kimbo

Yeah definitely me too should be interesting.
    Shazbot wrote:

Wonder how Frank will do next week.

id say he will get the rest of his teeth knocked out, although u never know with that guy. Probably knockout with james winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

Yeah definitely me too should be interesting.

id say he will get the rest of his teeth knocked out, although u never know with that guy. Probably knockout with james winning.

Lads will that fight be shown on Virgin one before the Ultimate Fighter finale which is on saturday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

^ Was just going to ask that.

Anyone know if Virgin1 are showing this before the Live Finale on Saturday?

Edit: Setanta Ireland appear to be showing two episodes on Saturday night.

They are showing the Finale live on Setanta Sports 1 at 02:00 on Sunday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

2 episodes of TUF on Setanta1 at 10 and 11 tonight. Does anyone know if these are the semis?

There is an episodeon Virgin 1 at the moment but its a repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The semis go on for three episodes, so hopefully it's the last two.

Yessssssssss semis on now!

Anyone see this weeks yet? good fight

Lester has to be the hero of the season for me 4 fights in 39 days.

Going to be a good finale especially cant wait for the coaches to fight as well.

My whole opinion on Frank has changed.What a warrior and not as bad as he was made out at the start. I'm sure some big camp will take him in and sharpen up his skills. (he has the heart,will and the tools).Could be one to watch.

Its amazing the way they can edit the show and change peoples opinions (well fickle ol' me anyway)

Frank went from zero to likable hero.
    Demarcus(?) is now a complete Kn0b and I want him to get embarassingly hammered.
    Not sure who to shout for in the All Brit war
    And Now think im up for Hendo:eek:

Dam you editors!

Its amazing the way they can edit the show and change peoples opinions (well fickle ol' me anyway)

Frank went from zero to likable hero.
    Demarcus(?) is now a complete Kn0b and I want him to get embarassingly hammered.
    Not sure who to shout for in the All Brit war
    And Now think im up for Hendo:eek:

Dam you editors!

Yeah definitely agree with you, editing has been very misleading in this season. Especially when it looked like Dana was going to make the semi's team v team.

Lightweight id like Ross to win although the other guy has won 1st round all the time.

Im up for James in the second bout because Demarcus is a pr*ck and I thought James fought very well against Frank.

And Id love Bisping to give Hendo a hiding, the guy is way too lateral all the time its such a let down for the season.

Do any of the other fighters fight on the undercard?

Do any of the other fighters fight on the undercard?

Cameron Dollar vs. Jason Dent

Full card

LIVE on Setanta Sports 1 at 2am (21/June/2009)

200px-UFCSanchezGuida.jpg

MAIN CARD

* Clay Guida vs. Diego Sanchez
    * Ross Pearson vs. Andre Winner ("TUF" lightweight finale)
    * DaMarques Johnson vs. James Wilks ("TUF" welterweight finale)
    * Nate Diaz vs. Joe Stevenson
    * Kevin Burns vs. Chris Lytle

PRELIMINARY CARD

* Jason Dent vs. Cameron Dollar
    * Frank Lester vs. Nick Osipczak
    * Mike Ciesnolevicz vs. Tomasz Drwal
    * Brad Blackburn vs. Edgar Garcia
    * Melvin Guillard vs. Gleison Tibau

Frankie "Cali baby" Lester is training with Team Quest now.

Winner seems like the most talented fighter from the season. I hope he wins in the finale. Diego v guida should be great.

• Advertisement

Im suprised Wilks beat Frank again but then again Frank was battered and bruised.
    It was funny when someone shouted at Damarques at the end.

Advertisement