Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountain walks with camping permitted

Options
  • 02-04-2009 8:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭

Myself and the missus often go for walks around the mountains. Most of the ones we've been at have ring walks which have estimated times of 3 days etc. We've never done the full walk but would love to. My question is, is there any mountain ranges that allow camping? Say, walk for the day, camp, walk again, until the route is done. I know people do camp up the slieve bloom but i dont think its permitted so dont want to chance it. Why are people not allowed camp? Is it because of rubbish etc or fires? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭NathanKingerlee

I'd ask a local farmer for permission. A lot of the hills are owned by the farmers on the surrounding slopes and once you're off the beaten track I can't see them having a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Most of the Wicklow mountain national park specifically allow camping except the area in Glendalough valley. I know Coilte don't allow camping on their land but that never stopped me...

Advertisement