Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pour your own - O'Sullivans Douglas

Options
  • 02-04-2009 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭

Anyone used the "pour your own" pints tables in O'Sullivans in Douglas? Going there tonight with a gang from work. Not a work do though so we will be paying ourselves. I was wondering how you pay for the drinks. Do you just get a bill for everything and have to work out yourself who owes how much?

Reason for asking is that one of the lads going is a tight bast@rd who drinks a lot..can't hold his drink either which could be a problem when paying up time comes...I don't want to get stung paying for his pints!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Ludo wrote: »
    Anyone used the "pour your own" pints tables in O'Sullivans in Douglas? Going there tonight with a gang from work. Not a work do though so we will be paying ourselves. I was wondering how you pay for the drinks. Do you just get a bill for everything and have to work out yourself who owes how much?

Reason for asking is that one of the lads going is a tight bast@rd who drinks a lot..can't hold his drink either which could be a problem when paying up time comes...I don't want to get stung paying for his pints!

hey, you pr*ck! I am well able to hold my drink :D

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

Don't know about Cork but in the Baggott Inn in Dublin you have to get a credit card swiped before you can use the self service taps at the table.

Basically just setting up a tab. It's up to you and your mates to sort out the person who donated thier card :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Don't know about Cork but in the Baggott Inn in Dublin you have to get a credit card swiped before you can use the self service taps at the table.

Basically just setting up a tab. It's up to you and your mates to sort out the person who donated thier card :)

Thats what I figured..thanks. I will "borrow" the lightweights card at some stage at work today and give that in :D

Thats what I figured..thanks. I will "borrow" the lightweights card at some stage at work today and give that in :D

best of luck with tha....hey, where's my Visa card gone..:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

You can either use the "tab" system or nominate an amount that you want to spend beforehand and pay upfront. The tap cuts off after your amount is used up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

They have this in soho too, thing to remember is the more pished you get, the more you will waste pouring a pint, and you pay for this too!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Would recommend this for a group of people...good laugh.

On the downside...we gave in the tight b*stards credit card and he paid. We all paid him back for roughly what we drank....git made a profit :mad:
    He probably got a free night out of it as the rest of us were too honest for own good.

Would recommend this for a group of people...good laugh.

On the downside...we gave in the tight b*stards credit card and he paid. We all paid him back for roughly what we drank....git made a profit :mad:
    He probably got a free night out of it as the rest of us were too honest for own good.

perhaps I made a profit alright but not enough for a free night out, maybe for half a pint:)

One thing to note though, it's amazing how fecking dirty/marked the pint glasses are in a pub but you normally don't notice by the time the bar man has given you the pint but when you see the glass before the beer is poured it's quite interesting to see the state of a lot of the glasses.
    Lipstick on a pint glass is all wrong:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

perhaps I made a profit alright but not enough for a free night out, maybe for half a pint:)

One thing to note though, it's amazing how fecking dirty/marked the pint glasses are in a pub but you normally don't notice by the time the bar man has given you the pint but when you see the glass before the beer is poured it's quite interesting to see the state of a lot of the glasses.
    Lipstick on a pint glass is all wrong:mad:

A good trick in the trade for barmen/women is to pour the head over the side if you notice lipstick on it. The punter won't see it then.:eek:

Bill-e wrote: »
    A good trick in the trade for barmen/women is to pour the head over the side if you notice lipstick on it. The punter won't see it then.:eek:

crafty I have to admit! I'll keep an eye out in future.

• Advertisement
Advertisement