Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrades

Options
  • 02-04-2009 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Been wondering.
    What would be decent upgrades for a beginner?

One that cought my attention is a precission barrel. Would this increase accuracy of an aeg or spring action rifle?
    Would it be difficult to install?

And what other things, like batteres would be advisable and not too difficult for a newbie?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Yeah barrels are easy to change, but I would suggest you read this first:
    http://infectedairsoft.wordpress.com/tech-info/how-to-choose-a-new-inner-barrel/

If you want an easy upgrade that won't cost much you should replace the hop-up rubber with a Guarder silicon hop-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    Yeah barrels are easy to change, but I would suggest you read this first:
    http://infectedairsoft.wordpress.com/tech-info/how-to-choose-a-new-inner-barrel/

If you want an easy upgrade that won't cost much you should replace the hop-up rubber with a Guarder silicon hop-up.

Dead right. I would say that the hop up would be enough. If you're still determined to get a tight barrel, just try the hop up first and see if that is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

Ya a hopup replacement seems like a good idea.

Would it be worth it to go a top hop up like firefly or something first. Instead of upgrading. And then upgrading again later?

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    Ya a hopup replacement seems like a good idea.

Would it be worth it to go a top hop up like firefly or something first. Instead of upgrading. And then upgrading again later?

Definitely. Most people get the hop up and then find that a good hop gives them all the accuracy you need. As for getting a high end hop up, a Firefly hop is only about 15 euro so going high end isn't very expensive. The one I linked to says for Marui but I am fairly sure it would fit any AEG. Ask Masada to be sure.

Thanks guys.

I think ill invest in thst when i get the rifle.

And to increase the accuracy, ill do it the old fashioned way... Pratice :-p

• Advertisement

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    Thanks guys.

I think ill invest in thst when i get the rifle.

And to increase the accuracy, ill do it the old fashioned way... Pratice :-p

Good idea. If you get to know how your gun shoots, it will help. Best of luck. And just wondering, what one did you pick?

Im a newbie.
    Havnt got the rifle yet, but im a bit OCD for planing things.
    Ill be getting the well L96, love the look of that one and will fit in to my british loadout when i get all the gear

Just to let you know that Firefly hop-up wouldn't suit our guns. With 1J guns you need a soft hop-up.

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    Just to let you know that Firefly hop-up wouldn't suit our guns. With 1J guns you need a soft hop-up.

Did I link to the hard one? Oops meant the soft firefly one :p

Did I link to the hard one? Oops meant the soft firefly one :p

Ah right, the soft one should be grand then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement