Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real football for real fans this weekend, Friday & Sat., April 3 &4

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Tolka... its tenants are imposters from the southside
    Richmond... nice, but suburbs
    Dalymount... the home of Irish football, Dublin's only city centre football stadium, and, lest it be forgotten, venue for Bob Marley's only ever Irish appearance. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

SectionF wrote: »
    Dalymount... the home of Irish football, Dublin's only city centre football stadium, and, lest it be forgotten, venue for Bob Marley's only ever Irish appearance. :pac:

Yeah, but Bohs play there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Ah yeah I think I may go to Tolka next Friday - Shels v UCD isnt it?

Yep

3404880477_5899298dd8.jpg
    Dalymount... the home of Irish football, Dublin's only city centre football stadium

City centre me hole.

Phibsboro is not town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Des wrote: »
    Yep
    City centre me hole.
    Phibsboro is not town.

Indeed. Also the fact that bohs fans go there as well should be a turn off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Phibsboro is in the city centre now? Has it moved?

(I suppose its in the city centre in the same sense that Tallaght is in Wicklow)

Yep

3404880477_5899298dd8.jpg

City centre me hole.

Phibsboro is not town.

Back to Irishtown with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Back to Irishtown with you.

You've been caught out lying, and all you can do is fling childish remarks.
    :rolleyes:

Tolka Park is closer to town ffs.

You've been caught out lying, and all you can do is fling childish remarks.
    :rolleyes:

Oh dear. This is really getting to you, isn't it?

Oh dear. This is really getting to you, isn't it?

You don't work for Ryanair do you? The kip that is Dalymount being in the city center is similar to Ryanair's claims that their airports are in anyway close to the city they lay claim to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Ryanair turned a healthy profit last quarter

iregk wrote: »
    You don't work for Ryanair do you? The kip that is Dalymount being in the city center is similar to Ryanair's claims that their airports are in anyway close to the city they lay claim to.
    OK, OK. I'll admit I was stretching it a little. But not as much as Ryanair! And this is marketing, right?
    City centre is an elastic concept, and when I was growing up we called kids from Phibsborough townies, and Dublin has expanded a lot since. And I've seen Blackhorse Ave (middle part) described in the I. Times as 'inner city'.
    If it's not city centre it's as close as you can get. How about 'I can't believe it's not city centre'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Y

City centre me hole.

Phibsboro is not town.

It takes 12 mins to walk from o connel st to dalymount

that's pretty damn central

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Helix wrote: »
    i love this loi fan mentality that if you support an english team youve never been to a football match

I've been to English football matches ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I would have thought Dalyer was central enough. More so than Tolka or Richer.

Although being brought up in Tallaght - anything from Harold's Cross Crumlin/Rathmines in was 'town' to me. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

wannabe Teddy boy ...born 20years too late

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Bohs 0-1 Cork city.

Was barely expecting a draw in this match, so to get all 3 points, delighted! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

holy good lord

we actually scored some goals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

stovelid wrote: »
    I would have thought Dalyer was central enough. More so than Tolka or Richer.

Although being brought up in Tallaght - anything from Harold's Cross Crumlin/Rathmines in was 'town' to me. :D

Surely Tolka is closer to the city centre than Dalyer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

It was good to see the Drogs fans giving Shane Robinson and Ollie Cahill a good welcome back to united Park. Robinson ran over and applauded us back - and Cahill ignored us.

So far this season Drogs' kids have played some good football but have lacked penetration and goals. Tonight, after four and half hours of waiting, we get two in 45 minutes!

Shane Barrett's return has made all the difference. I can see a genuine partnership between him and Robbie Farrell - Farrell's lay offs were excellent tonight.

Drogs totally bossed the first half, and John Paul Kelly hit the post when it was easier to score, yet somehow we went in to half time a goal down. But in the second half things improved and when the first Drogs 2009 goal hit the back of the net the relief was palpable. It looked like 3 points were a distinct possibility, but Shams fitness levels showed through in the last 10 or 15 minutes.

Even if we get relegated this season at least we're trying to play good football and the lads are giving 100%. And I'd rather watch that anyday than the couldn't care less attitude we saw last season and Doolin's negative tactics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

PDN wrote: »
    Even if we get relegated this season at least we're trying to play good football and the lads are giving 100%

agreed

we're playing some super stuff, its just that we've been lacking anything resembling a cutting edge. hopefully barrett can sort that out in the long run

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Shane Barrett.. always welcome in Longford. Was immense for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

****ing brilliant resdult for us tonight. 96th minute winner.

Pats had just equalised. Partridge fouls a Bray player down in the Pats right corner and they are all just standing around when the free kick came in. Some of the worst defending at the Carlisle ever. EVER. And that's saying something.

Absolutely delighted. It still hasn't really sunk in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

well that sucked balls.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'm not going to get a tape measure :D. The walk from Dalyer to Dorset (going past the Mater) heading to O Connell street always seems a shorter walk to me than walking to same from tolka.

I think we're splitting hairs though. All three are very close to town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Kev Dohery in the 87th minute :D

100% record still intact.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Athlone to beat wexford 2-0 tomorrow.

We should have hammered waterford last week and the ref was a disgrace sending McGee off, twas Noelie's 100th game for the club.

Anyway, I love our now 4-2-3-1 system with Willo, Emeka and Noel playing off of big Placey up front, can't believe he was playing senior league untill this season hes a quality target man an has great pace for someone of 6'2odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

five wins from five imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

competent performance from city last night. played well, adn contained bohs equally as well.

our goal was nice, good finish from davin o'neill, who's goign to go on and become one of the best wingers in this league.

for bohs disallowed goal, im not convinced it crossed the line before glen crowe volleyed home, but i was only watching on tv and in fairness the linesman's flag went up straight away.

bohs were very poor. maybe it's their financial problems catching up with them on the pitch, I dunno.

dan connor still looks as nervous as a teenager about to bust his cheery though..

good result that i'm quite happy with

still though, doolin out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

ziggy wrote: »
    Rangers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Shels:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

DSB wrote: »
    Shels:D:D:D

:D

Won't forget the songs we were chanting at the goonery that showed up at Tolka last season for the Celtic reserves friendly.:pac:

Anyway 87th min winner, feckin' great but one dodgy match that we could have packed in, in the 1st half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Not a hope, not the fastest way to either ground but get to the corner of the NCR and Dorset St, Dalymount is 5 mins away, Tolka is 20.

Graham Carey a Celtic youth is on loan with us till July, also this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Who was the ref in the Bray - Pat's match. Absolutely shocking performance and i want to know his name so i can give him dog's abuse next time he does a Pat's game. Him and Chris Deans!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Nice win for Dundalk last night over in Sligo. Mansaram slowly but surely finding his feet. Goal and an assist last night. Dundalk up to mid table and with a positive goal difference. Shamrock Rovers next up on Tuesday evening. Should be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Pighead wrote: »
    Nice win for Dundalk last night over in Sligo. Mansaram slowly but surely finding his feet. Goal and an assist last night. Dundalk up to mid table and with a positive goal difference. Shamrock Rovers next up on Tuesday evening. Should be good.

Mansaram was very lucky with his goal :0 but I'll take it. Shams on tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

monkey9 wrote: »
    Who was the ref in the Bray - Pat's match. Absolutely shocking performance and i want to know his name so i can give him dog's abuse next time he does a Pat's game. Him and Chris Deans!

Derek Tomney.

Roar wrote: »
    competent performance from city last night. played well, adn contained bohs equally as well.

our goal was nice, good finish from davin o'neill, who's goign to go on and become one of the best wingers in this league.

for bohs disallowed goal, im not convinced it crossed the line before glen crowe volleyed home, but i was only watching on tv and in fairness the linesman's flag went up straight away.

bohs were very poor. maybe it's their financial problems catching up with them on the pitch, I dunno.

dan connor still looks as nervous as a teenager about to bust his cheery though..

good result that i'm quite happy with

still though, doolin out.
    In spite of lots of possession and territory, Bohs didn't play. Cork handled it pretty well, and the goal was very nicely taken. We deserved to lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

I think the Bohs game was pretty evenly matched.
    Neither keeper had anything major to deal with(apart from Murphy with the goal of course).
    Cork kept things very tight and they looked much improved on recent weeks.
    Ndo couldn't seem to get into the game, maybe he was played to far foward?

I think a 0-0 would probably have been a fair result.

• Advertisement

For anyone watching this match at home we were given the absolute pleasure of having top notch analysis by the man that just doesn't shut up, Roddy Collins.

His gem this week when describing Byrnes volley that was inch's over the bar:

"He had great technical, erm, technique hitting that shot". Genius!

Advertisement