Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDIP in Education - Masters not counted?

• 02-04-2009 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

Just wondering does anyone know if it is right that my masters was not recognised for points for secondary teaching (by PDEAC)? I have a degree in Engineering and also a research masters in Engineering but my masters does not seem to have been recognised in terms of points. It says it must be relevant but surely if they are accepting my primary degree then they would accept a masters in the same subject.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

I would have thought that it should have been counted. Did you get a place anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DH12

Well I got a reply and it was a mistake on their part. They are adding on the 6points for the masters and I will be offered my first choice in round 2.

Thanks for the reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 thesis86

Same thing happened to me. My Masters wasn't counted. 6 precious points :(

PAC said it would be added to my total for round 2. To say I'm angry is an understatement. :mad: If they hadn't made such a monumental cock-up, I would have my first choice by now!

Does anyone have any idea what the points were for round 2 in 2008 when compared with round 1, they don't seem to be on their website anymore?:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

thesis86 wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me. My Masters wasn't counted. 6 precious points :(

PAC said it would be added to my total for round 2. To say I'm angry is an understatement. :mad: If they hadn't made such a monumental cock-up, I would have my first choice by now!

Does anyone have any idea what the points were for round 2 in 2008 when compared with round 1, they don't seem to be on their website anymore?:o

I realy don't see why you should have to wait for round 2. You are entitled to a round 1 offer based on your points and an error on their part does not change any entitlement of yours.

The round 2 points for 2008 never appeared on the pac site at any stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 thesis86

Thing is, they're blaming me for the whole thing.

Getting mad just thinking about it.

What should I be doing? Is it really as simple as ringing up and saying:

"I want my place NOW":confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement