Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 Car Seats

• 02-04-2009 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Can 3 car seats fit in a regular family car (05 VW Passat). I found various conflicting stories on the web. We have one baby (age 15mths) and just found out we're expecting TWINS.
    After the initial shock and excitement it time to look at the practicalities. I only bought the car 6 months ago figuring it would easily take two car seats and even if we did have a 3rd baby the oldest would be moving to a booster.
    Now he'll only be 20mths when 2 and 3 arrive, please God.
    I cant really afford to change the car, especially since my wife will have to stay at home now.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

The conflicting reports come from the fact that there are so many different sizes of cars and car seats. We fit in two booster seats and a baby seat, at a squeeze. Your best bet is to take some measurements, or better still bring your car to the nursery shop, and fit the seats in yourself before buying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 mumof2maybe3

easiest thing is go to nearest baby shop and ask them to fit your car .. they wont charge you and will reccomend the best fit for your car. Most seats vary in width so the best thing is try them out. Congrats on twins!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

You might try your nearest 'Halfords' store, they will come out of the store & have a look at the car, and if they can they will fit another seat. (free fitting) :)

Very helpful lads at Halfords.

Advertisement