Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you drawn to items in the colour pink?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

nedtheshed wrote: »
    My arguement to any guy that wears pink shirts etc would be - If its that acceptable,lets go to a sports store and I will buy a pink tracksuit.If its ok to wear a pink shirt/jumper why not the full ensemble?

Are you serious? This has to be one of the most nonsensical, stupid "arguments" I've ever heard.
    First of all, if a guy wears a pink shirt it's his own bloody business not yours, and they don't need to "argue" what they personally choose to wear. Secondly if you're so caught up in staring at men's clothes and obsessing over their colour maybe you should ask yourself a few questions, either in one direction or another [e.g. being comfortable with oneself].
    Finally , a pink tracksuit is rarely acceptable on anyone of any gender judging by some of the garish ones I've seen, and that has nothing to do with shirts :eek:
    My manager wears a pink shirt once in a while and I hardly notice it (unless I'm at a boring meeting :D ). I really have to wonder at someone who's afraid of image enough they think men can't wear pink shirts. Seriously. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I do like pink things, but mainly for underwear/accessories. I'm drawn to green things above all else.

The only pink thing in my wardrobe is a dress. . that my sister bought me. .
    But I do have one wall in my room painted a fushia pink. . like that.

I'm usually more drawn to purple than any other colour though. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I love pink! My phone is fuschia too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭smileykey

I don't like it personally. I'm less likely to like things if they're pink. Purple is about as close to the colour pink as I get usually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

Usually I would say I'm not bothered by it. I mean, some pinks look quite good on me because of my colouring but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy something because it was pink...or so I thought.
    I went out shopping after reading some of this thread, and picked up a pair of hot pink converse style (slightly thinner sole) sneakers. For no reason at all other than I thought they were awesome.

WHAT HAS BECOME OF ME! lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I love pink but it is not the only colour that I love. I wear a lot of fushia pink, wore pale pink on my wedding day, had a pink dsi, pink luggage...but you would think that I was morticia half the time...I also love purple.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

As a kid I was always a tomboy and never into pink girlie stuff. I love purple and green. Really conscious of the pink thing now, because I have two little nieces who are shocked because I have no pink pretty clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

I'm not a fan. My favourite colour has always been blue. I love reds & electric blues - not a girly girl... :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I have lots of pink things and have a wee obsession with Hello Kitty. I don't have a lot of pink clothes, more accessories; duvets, stationery, nail polish etc. I genuinely like them, but I don't go all "AAAH OMG" if something comes in pink.
    My favourite colour is green.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

OK, think this thread covers a few different areas.

Clothes

Personally I think pastel pink is a gick colour, I retain my right to change my mind but I don't see it happening.
    I love hot pink, but then again I love strong colours in general.
    Anyone wearing head to toe in one colour or varying tones of the same colour is going to look bad, just think of the double and triple denim disasters you see about the place. (BTW black is not a colour and looks grand from head to toe, but if you wear it every, every day without any colour, you're going to look like Bernard from Black Books)

Marketing

Yep, I cannot stick pink electronics / tools. Is screams "here little woman have a nice non-threatening version of something that we men use to work." to me. I was most annoyed when my husband's friend gave him a toolset for his birthday, he knew I had a toolset (fairly fecking good one) but assumed they'd be all "fairy sized" as he put it. Nearly brained him with an adjustable wrench.

Whatever about adults having pink versions of everyday items marketed to them, what about little girls, almost every fecking thing made for them is pink.

Family Structure

I am an only girl in a house of men and I was never drawn to pink things, so there's that theory out the window.

Anthropology

Did you know... It used to be blue for a girl, pink for a boy in these parts (blue after the predominant colour in the Virgin Mary's outfit)

I would also like to point out, I am in no way insecure about my femininity, I sew, bake and knit almost every day, I love wearing dresses and stockings and various girly items, just cannot stand people attempting to pigeon hole me with a colour is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

Das Kitty wrote: »
    OK, think this thread covers a few different areas.

Clothes

Personally I think pastel pink is a gick colour, I retain my right to change my mind but I don't see it happening.
    I love hot pink, but then again I love strong colours in general.
    Anyone wearing head to toe in one colour or varying tones of the same colour is going to look bad, just think of the double and triple denim disasters you see about the place. (BTW black is not a colour and looks grand from head to toe, but if you wear it every, every day without any colour, you're going to look like Bernard from Black Books)

Marketing

Yep, I cannot stick pink electronics / tools. Is screams "here little woman have a nice non-threatening version of something that we men use to work." to me. I was most annoyed when my husband's friend gave him a toolset for his birthday, he knew I had a toolset (fairly fecking good one) but assumed they'd be all "fairy sized" as he put it. Nearly brained him with an adjustable wrench.

Whatever about adults having pink versions of everyday items marketed to them, what about little girls, almost every fecking thing made for them is pink.

Family Structure

I am an only girl in a house of men and I was never drawn to pink things, so there's that theory out the window.

Anthropology

Did you know... It used to be blue for a girl, pink for a boy in these parts (blue after the predominant colour in the Virgin Mary's outfit)

I would also like to point out, I am in no way insecure about my femininity, I sew, bake and knit almost every day, I love wearing dresses and stockings and various girly items, just cannot stand people attempting to pigeon hole me with a colour is all.

I concur! Great post. Especially around tools and electronics. Lordy.

Sometimes I have to wear all black every day..theatre-y stuff means you have to be incognito sometimes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Das Kitty wrote: »
    (BTW black is not a colour and looks grand from head to toe, but if you wear it every, every day without any colour, you're going to look like Bernard from Black Books)

Pffft... you say that like it's a bad thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭shelly.m

wel i have a pink car:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

shelly.m wrote: »
    wel i have a pink car:D

oh God :eek:

now i have been known to love my pink, but even i draw the line at a pink car :pac:

but whatever makes you happy i guess :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭shelly.m

sar84 wrote: »
    oh God :eek:

now i have been known to love my pink, but even i draw the line at a pink car :pac:

but whatever makes you happy i guess :)
    ah it was a mad idea at the time lol full kit soundsystem and all and im not even a lover of pink :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

I don't wear many pink clothes at all. think i have one Dark pink Gap Hood and a pink Summer holiday dress. thats it.

However, My last two phones and my MP4 are Pink. I don't really know why.
    The Samsung Tocco is nicer in pink for a girl i think. bt my last one, the nokia swivelly one with the girly design on it, thats just a lovely phone that happens to be not as nice in black in my opinion.

I think thats all i have in pink really....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

I really dont like pink at all! It just think tacky as soon as I see it, I dont know why, and no offence to anyone who likes it. Too many cheap clothes shops have used it too often on EVERYTHING so thats prob why :rolleyes:
    Dont even think I own anything pink :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

i like pink stuff..... especially all kitcheny pastel things!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

wearing pink pajamas *check*:p
    other than that no I wouldn't really be that into pink:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement