Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Boarding Kennells

Options
  • 02-04-2009 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am trying to find a boarding kennel around the North county area.

I go to a pet shop on the old Belfast road (It's in between the two Lusk turnoffs - on the left handside if you're heading towards Belfast) and I know they have kennels there, but for the life of me I cant remember the name or the area they are in.

Any help? Or other recommendations around the area??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

As for other recommendations - you could try Barnageeragh Kennels. It is beside the gates to Ardgillan Castle. If you need directions let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

I will check them out. Do you use these boarding kennells?

I am a bit anxious as I've never had to leave my dogs in kennells before :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SMK

Is this the one you mean?

http://irishrosettespetstore.com/kennels.html

I have boarded cats there and was very happy. My friend has been boarding her dogs there for a few years and is also very happy with the kennels

SMK wrote: »
    Is this the one you mean?

http://irishrosettespetstore.com/kennels.html

I have boarded cats there and was very happy. My friend has been boarding her dogs there for a few years and is also very happy with the kennels

thanks a mill for that, I think it might be the one. I'll check it out now!

I will check them out. Do you use these boarding kennells?

I am a bit anxious as I've never had to leave my dogs in kennells before :(
    No, but I live nearby. I know the owner & he is sound. Really loves dogs. It is a small kennels so your dogs would get very good attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

My folks left their dog at Bellewstown Kennels, and said that the place was wonderful, and they'd highly recommend it. They had never left the dog with a kennel before, and like you were nervous. But, when they saw the place they felt very comfortable with it. In the end, the dog was even a little reluctant to go back home. :)

Bellewstown Kennels and Cattery, Kennenstown, Bellewstown, Co. Meath - 041-9811985.

No harm checking them out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Just sent you a PM with the number of the guy I use, he's based on the road into Naul from the M1. He's really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Popsy

You could also try All Paws, Knockbrack, Naul, Co Dublin 01-8414266. My dogs absolutely loved it there and wouldnt leave when we went to collect them :)

Oh I didnt realise there were so many around this area!

Thanks for all your replies!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Id second the one in Barnagerra, right next to ardgillion castle.My sister left her dog there and she loved it.
    cathy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Bellewstown kennels are good
    Leave my big guy there and he never complained :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 pdb123

dcr22B wrote: »
    Just sent you a PM with the number of the guy I use, he's based on the road into Naul from the M1. He's really good.

Why the secrecy? is he that good you dont want to tell people about it :eek:

Send it on to me too

pdb123 wrote: »
    Why the secrecy? is he that good you dont want to tell people about it :eek:

Send it on to me too

There's no "secrecy". Posting of telephone numbers is not permitted. HB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Bloody*Mary

I'd really recommend Best Kennels out in Garristown. I've used them a few times and it's the one place that I don't worry about them at all.

http://www.bestkennels.ie/

Advertisement