Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a tattooist -Advice appreciated

• 02-04-2009 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi.
    I'm looking to get a tattoo done in Dublin soon. It's a pretty big piece, a fairy on my lower back. It's quite detailed and I want to get it done with lots of colour. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to who would be good.
    I've been looking at online profiles of Jani in Zulu and Remis in Tattoo Prime, both their stuff seems really good and would suit the style of my tattoo but just wondering what their reputations are like or if anyone has had any work done by them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Havent had work by Remis but have had by Jani, as has my GF, and both of us wouldn't hesitiate in booking with him again. One of the best in Ireland today IMO.
    There are other fairy tattoo threads on here that would be worth a quick search for for some advice.
    I'll finish by saying what I say to every person wanting a fairy tattoo, you have to go pretty big to get the level of detail you presumably want,(i'm talking figuritively here but....) just because the picture in the book you have as reference is the size of your hand and has great detail doesnt mean that that can be replicated to that size in a tattoo (some people dont realize this, thats why I mention it). So be prepared for a good sized tattoo or run the risk of falling into the over-populated 'rubbish fairy tattoo' category. Though you have 2 good artists to advise you more thoroughly in your selection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ShimmieSister

Thanks. Yea, I do realise that about fairy tattoos. Mine was designed by a friend who used to be a tattoo artist so hopefully it should be ok! :)

Advertisement