Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza hut is it still in Sligo ?

Options
  • 02-04-2009 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

From the Pizza hut website there is no mention of Pizza hut in sligo....
    Is it gone or is it just missing from the Pizza hut website ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Yep it's still there.

Maybe because it's a franchise it might not appear on the website.Has it always been listed on the Pizza Hut website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

kenneth2 wrote: »
    From the Pizza hut website there is no mention of Pizza hut in sligo....
    Is it gone or is it just missing from the Pizza hut website ?

Its in Carraroe , Co. Sligo , where it always was. Only about 25 minutes walk from the town centre / wine street car park in Sligo, or 7 to 10 minutes in the car most days. Nice place.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭kenneth2

Saw a mention on some other posts that it was going to Sligo ?
    I guess that hasn't happened ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

jimmmy wrote: »
    Its in Carraroe , Co. Sligo , where it always was. Only about 25 minutes walk from the town centre / wine street car park in Sligo, or 7 to 10 minutes in the car most days. Nice place.

Bit of a fast walker you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

seriously - no way does it take 25 minutes from wine street carpark to pizza hut. It's 3km between these two places (yes, I was a saddo and measured it using google maps) so you'd be walking at QUITE a brisk pace for those 25 minutes - about 7km per hour!

Possible, but not normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

50% discount here: http://members.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055528422

EDIT: It would take me an hour approx, to get from Wine Street to Carraroe. On a good day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Someone must be power walking on speed!

Seriously though - Pizza Hut's pizzas are completely rank. I've had frozen pizzas that taste better.

I too have had frozen pizzas that have tasted better but they were fantastic.I don't think Pizza Hut Pizzas are all that bad though,definitely edible.

jimmmy wrote: »
    Only about 25 minutes walk from the town centre / wine street car park in Sligo, or 7 to 10 minutes in the car.

It's more than a 25 minute walk but less than a 7-10 minute drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

pizza hut is the most rank place I have ever tried besides KFC and MacD. of course you can try them at the same spot mmmm!

Or you can go into town and get real food for the same price!

• Advertisement

Or you can go into town and get real food for the same price!

Too true. The Pizza hut pizzas in Carraroe do not seem as nice as Pizza hut Pizzas elsewhere anyway. The Bistro Biancoini beats them hands down anyway. Stay in Sligo.

Of course the Bistro Bianconi wins hands down,there is no competition. It's by far the best in Sligo.

As for Pizza Hut,what is it ye don't like,I don't think they are that bad:) Might actually get one this evening and use that voucher to get it half price

The Pizza Hut is Carraroe is fine, but they seem a bit mean with their toppings. Maybe they are not always like that. The flavour does not seem as good as some other Pizza Huts I have been in, but maybe thats just the imagination. The dessets are expensive + nothing to die for.
    I did not think those half price vouchers worked in the Carraroe Pizza Hut? I thought I even saw a notice once on their door to that effect ?

They didn't work in them but in this one they sent an e-mail to me and you get to choose which store you want to use it in and Sligo was in the drop down menu?

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Of course the Bistro Bianconi wins hands down,there is no competition. It's by far the best in Sligo.

As for Pizza Hut,what is it ye don't like,I don't think they are that bad:) Might actually get one this evening and use that voucher to get it half price

I think the food is very bland, even the spicy ones, they are spicy but no taste. I'm used to the real deal and never liked the american pizza. In rotterdam there is a large italian community, so I quess I'm spoiled.

I agree with Mr T, I found bistro bianconi rather unimpressive (especially for the price) and worse, the service was appalling. When I complained about the service the manager on duty didn't know what to do at all! Probably my most disappointing dining experience in Sligo.

Now, Bella Vista in Strandhill.... there's good pizza, value and service!

bobcar61 wrote: »
    ) Might actually get one this evening and use that voucher to get it half price

The voucher is for dining in the restaurant only Bobcar. You can have a nice lunch break there someday instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Make your own pizza. Much nicer. As long as you have a really hot oven, you can make proper pizza as opposed to a chewy soggy mess.

il gatto wrote: »
    Make your own pizza. Much nicer. As long as you have a really hot oven, you can make proper pizza as opposed to a chewy soggy mess.

We do that lots, our wee man love helping making them, we cheat a bit coz we make the dough in the bread machine!

I'm not long back from Pizza Hut.There is a voucher on their door that says they no longer accept cheques or gift vouchers but I enquired anyway.I was told that it's sit down only..Fair enough!

There was three of us there, 1 medium pizza, 2 small ones and wedges for €20:) But it gets better,they got my order wrong,they gave me Mushroom instead of Sweetcorn so I said it to him. I took the Mushroom off and ate it but then he gave me a proper one for free...Happy days:D:D

And the food was good, but then again I'm not fussy when it comes to pizza and food, I would eat anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Thanks for the voucher.

I will try it tomorrow.

Also I can recommend Bella Vista in Strandhill.

The Carmalised Onion special is FAB.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

il gatto wrote: »

Theres going to be a recipe swapping thread shortly by the looks of it. Hope it doesn't get too competitive though! :rolleyes::D

tuppence wrote: »
    Theres going to be a recipe swapping thread shortly by the looks of it. Hope it doesn't get too competitive though! :rolleyes::D

A "cook-off" is the only way to settle this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Voucher worked OK.

Does not include drinks or the ice cream factory.

Still a good offer.

dingding wrote: »
    Voucher worked OK.

Does not include drinks or the ice cream factory.

Still a good offer.

Yep, it'll be handy for me for the Easter holidays. The kids love the ice cream factory, and it keeps them busy for ages, so well worth paying full price for that.

A "cook-off" is the only way to settle this.

That's a great idea. You set up a bbq outside Pizza Hut, and we will all go and laugh at you compare the produce.

That's a great idea. You set up a bbq outside Pizza Hut, and we will all go and laugh at you compare the produce.

I'm the king of the barbeque - I spent 6 months cooking on one before we got the kitchen in. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

I'm the king of the barbeque - I spent 6 months cooking on one before we got the kitchen in. ;)

Prove it! I've got a mad craving for meat just now :D

Mrs.T wrote: »
    Prove it! I've got a mad craving for meat just now :D

Thats what got you pregnant in the first place!!!!;)

• Advertisement

LOL

Advertisement