Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 3G VS N96 vs C905

• 02-04-2009 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

ive being using the 3G iphone now for a couple months but sorta getting abit tired of the certain limitations of the iphone (poor enough camera, lack of MMS and bluetoothing files) however i love it for music and internet surfing thanks to vodafones 1gb promo deal but im still half tinking of a change as for the reasons listed above..

doing abit of research im looking at the N96 which sounds sweet to me but also the c905 as the features like camera sound excellent as well as having web surfing plus the stuff i stated i wished i had from iphone...

can any1 who might have used one or more of this phones throw some recommendations out there about which they would fancy or go for or their experiences with any of the above...appreciate any guidance!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

viper006 wrote: »
    ive being using the 3G iphone now for a couple months but sorta getting abit tired of the certain limitations of the iphone (poor enough camera, lack of MMS and bluetoothing files) however i love it for music and internet surfing thanks to vodafones 1gb promo deal but im still half tinking of a change as for the reasons listed above..

doing abit of research im looking at the N96 which sounds sweet to me but also the c905 as the features like camera sound excellent as well as having web surfing plus the stuff i stated i wished i had from iphone...

can any1 who might have used one or more of this phones throw some recommendations out there about which they would fancy or go for or their experiences with any of the above...appreciate any guidance!!

I've used the N95, which is basically the N96 in a different case, the iPhone and the C905. Since you’re moving away from the iPhone, I’ll concentrate on the other two handsets you’ve mentioned.

The N96, as I said above, is basically the N95 in a different case. It has an additional 8GB of onboard memory and a DVB-H TV tuner, which isn’t supported in this country, so it hasn’t got a lot going for it. To sum up, if you’re interested in the N96, you may as well save money and consider the N95

The C905 is a really nice handset that looks and feels great. I like the tactile feel of the buttons and the camera lens cover. If you’re looking for a good camera phone, then this is definitely a contender for the best 8 MP camera phone available.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Soot-fan

I-phone are releasing a major software update this summer (os 3.0) which will resolves your issues and many others (free). However, only a new iphone release can resolve the camera issue.
    I’m n95 user and the only fault I have with the phone is the UI . The Iphone is far superior. I can’t think of one thing the n95 can’t do. If you are changing and have the cash wait for the N97, it will be released this summer. If you are changing and can’t wait till the summer, buy the N95 8G. It has a bigger screen and more internal memory than the original n95.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Not used the n95 or n96, but have ordered a n85, maybe you should have a look at that? Like the n96, less memory (but micro sd that can has been reported to support 16GB) but in a smaller form factor;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Used the N96 for a week, was disappointed. To be honest the quality of the phone...feels like cheap plastic in my hand. Granted looks slicker than N95 but rather the N95 8gb. Specs are the exact same except memory capacity. New version of maps but sure you can download that onto your N95.

Haven't used the C905 myself, not the most attractive looking phone. 8meg camera, meh only really notice the difference if your going to print your photos and blow them up.

You say you love to surf the web, tbh the iphone is the best for that. You will lose that if you go for the n95 or C905.
    Just have to way up your options, or perhaps stick out for a while longer till something better comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

If you would consider phones other than the ones you've mentioned, there are a few interesting releases coming up this year:

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/top-7-touchscreen-phones-to-look-out-for-in-2009-582609

I'm torn between the Omnia HD and the Palm Pre, but leaning towards the Pre.

http://www.palm.com/us/products/phon...dex.html#video

http://mypre.com/my-hands-on-with-th...pre-2009011068

There's some details on the Omnia here and here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

thanks for all your feedback..i didnt relise there such amazing phones on the horizon...i honestly tink at least a couple those are very much options for me..i wouldnt actually be a big web surfer on my phone but do enjoy messing with it on bus to and from work or having it to check scores and all that over the wkd but i have being told not to expect the same web surf exp on other phones than with the iphone...would any1 mind describing the web surfing on n96 or c905..is it ok or managable at least compared to iphone 3g??

for the meantime ive actually got my hands on an n96 the other day and i must admit i was also disappointed...had a n95 8gb b4 i is do tink this n96 an improvment if only a minor one really the same phone..i dont need the extra 8gb memory so i wont be sticking with it

rosboy do you have release dates for when alot of those phones in the articles you mentioned are set to be released...ive heard the lg arena is out soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

viper006 wrote: »
    rosboy do you have release dates for when alot of those phones in the articles you mentioned are set to be released...ive heard the lg arena is out soon?

I know the Omnia HD is out in Q2. The Palm Pre hasn't got a release date yet, but I think its due Q2 too. Sorry, but can't help on the others. I'm sure google can help you there:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Another phone you could consider and pick up cheaply is the Samsung M8800 Pixon
    I am thinking about it but would be interested to hear anyone's opinion who have it or who have used it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

richieg wrote: »
    Another phone you could consider and pick up cheaply is the Samsung M8800 Pixon
    I am thinking about it but would be interested to hear anyone's opinion who have it or who have used it

There have been a number of threads about it here, most of them not so complimentary about it.

Not slating it, but not all warm and fuzzy about it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I've used i-phone, n95, n96 and the c905. I am not a touch screen fan really and of the other three I have the 905. The camera is obviously superb but i'ver found the phone in general excllent. At first the battery was quite poor but after a few charges now lasts almost 3 days. The nokias have pretty shocking battery lives which is very annoying. If the N96 did have a better camera and battery life that would be the one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement